Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Saturday 26 March 2011

New Favourite Stamp


I am really liking this stamp. I put these bits together last night and its a completely different look!
This time I stamped on white and then masked the corset, and then stamped over using Hero Arts Old French Writing. I added black Glamour Dust to the top and hem and used red embroidery thread for the lacing. Matted onto black and red and a red punched strip, which I think looks a bit like a 'garter' or is that just my imagination!
Some challenges for my card:
Wild Orchid - Dieing to Punch
Allsorts - Special Lady
Craft Your Days Away - Special Lady
Crafts & Me - Anything Goes
Simply Create - Do it yourself - I did this myself!
Crafty Creations - In Stitches
Stamping for the Weekend - Mothers Day

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Avril x

19 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Oh i think this one is my fave .. i love the splash of red .. really striking
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

It definitely looks like a garter Avril - that's what I thought as soon as I saw it. Another fabulous card! xx

Bea said...

Wow! This is amazing!

Thanks for joining us at simply Create this time :o)

Bea

Debs said...

Very striking card. Love the script text.

Thanks for playing along at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Mary J said...

Hello Avril! Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

what a great card! I love that image and so clever how you've done the floss - pure genius!!

Chris said...

I love this color combo and the stamping and masking is fantastic. You've done a beautiful job.
Thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

xxxtglxxx said...

Wonderful with the masking technique - its so effective and looks like it totally belongs :)

The touches of red are just brilliant! ;)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Jenni said...

Great card, the black and red are very striking together. Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge at Crafty Creations.
Jenni x

Doreen said...

This is stunning Avril.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

Mina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mina said...

totally agree Avril what a totally gorgeous girly image and brilliant colour combo for it too...thanks for joining in with our Crafts and Me challenge
Mina xxx

DesignerDiva said...

Stunning Avril I love the black and red with a touch of white really bold and striking
Hugs Laurie x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card Avril - love the image and the touch of black glitter. Yes - the red border does look like a garter - perfect!! HUgs, Sylvia xxx

Jules said...

Hi Avril

I agree .. .. a gorgeous stamp .. .. and you have used it really well on your last two posts.

Love this one with the red lacing.

Love Jules xx

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

This looks just great, the splash of red lace is exactly what it needed....love it
Jenni xx

darling Ho said...

Fantasy card.:) And I love the colours you used.
Thanks for joining us at SC this time. ~~hugs~darling Ho~~

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This one is really striking Avril, the punched red strip is a perfect detail, love it!

Hugs
Maarit

Shirl said...

Definitely risqué and absolutely adorable, the embroidery thread is a lovely touch.
Hugs Shirley x x

America said...

what a FUN creation!! Great job. It looks awesome!