Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Monday 21 March 2011

House Mouse challenge


What a great weekend - the weather has been really nice and on top of that I went with crafty friend Diane and her friend Michelle to Harrogate Paperscrafts show on Saturday. We all had a really good day, not only did we buy some very nice 'goodies' but we met up with some blogging friends. It was especially lovely to meet Christine (Nanaseaside)as I won candy from her in the House Mouse Blog Hop earlier in the year. I also met Lisa Jane Lisa and Sylvia Ann and was introduced to some other bloggers who I will have to visit.
I am giving myself a 'play day' tomorrow - can't wait to use the new 'goodies'! but today I have made my card for the House Mouse Challenge Welcome Spring. I bought this stamp a few weeks ago, but didn't have the right shade of yellow for the daffodil so some new Promarkers was essential on Saturday.
I have used an image from one of the new Spring unmounted stamp sets, coloured with Promarkers. The DP is from a Laura Ashley pack - not that you can see much of it!
I have added stickles and glossy acents to the raindrops. I distressed all the edges with Vintage Photo DI.
I am also engtering this card in the following challenges:
CES - Song - Why does it Always Rain on Me
Stamp Something - Sweet - This mouse is sweet
DYSU - Add a Bow
Sarah Hurley - Embossing
The Ribbon Girls - Green & Yellow (it really is pale green not grey)

Well thats it for now. Thanks for looking and if you like what you see, please pop back.

Avril x

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully coloured Avril and I love the grey papers with the yellow. Poor little mouse - he looks like how I feel! xx

Lisa Jane said...

HI Avril.. i am already looking forward to the next meet up lol..
Did you sneak all that stuff in without being seen? Loev the little image in your card as daffodils are my favourite
Thanks for joining us at sarah hurley this week
Lisa x

WencheP said...

Such a cute card, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Christine said...

Hi Avril awww how cute is this image? too cute..poor chap looks so sorry for himself..one of my fav stamps...love the embossing great colours...thanks for sharing with us at HM & Friends Monday chall.

smiles Christine xx

Shirl said...

Congrats on your win well deserved. Your card is absolutely delightful and the image is super cute. I to have the LA paper pad and the paper you have used is one of my faves. Lucky you going to the Papercrafts Show, I am off to the show in Belfast next month but they are never as good as in the UK, but you know what they say ... any port in a storm
Hugs Shirley

Stacy Morgan said...

So sweet and soft. Your swiss dots is the perfect texture with this HM. Thanks so much for playing in the House-Mouse & Friends Challenge!

America said...

This HM image has been very popular for our SPRING theme!!! LOVE IT! Its just so darn adorable. Your HM design is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge! Hope to see you again next time!!! :)

Sue said...

Hi Avril, this little guy has been very popular this challenge. I just bought it myself. What a darling card you created around this stamp, beautiful embossing and soft pastel colors.Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Nicely done.

Hugs
Sue Drees

DesignerDiva said...

Avril this is so cute! great embossing gives your background lots of texture and I love it FAB FAB FAB
Hugs Laurie x

Peggysue said...

So very pretty! The soft colors really help the image shine. I’m glad you joined us for the DYSU Add a Bow challenge & hope to see you again!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and adorable.
luv
Debby

Denise said...

Lovely card - such a cute house mouse image. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Miranda said...

very cute card Avril and such a adorable image
thanks for joining us at the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Ribbon Girl said...

Very pretty card Avril - and thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary and Andrea x

Fleur said...

Oh Avril this is adorable, what a sweet mouse.
The embossing looks great
Hugz Fleur xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Soooo sweet :) Gorgeous image, I just adore it. Poor wee thing sheltering from the spring rain - awww.

You did a great job on the daffs too - well worth the new colours. :) and Im loving the inked edges to the embossed panels.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Dorte said...

Lovely spring card you have created. The colours is so pretty, the embossing look good.
Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
hugs Dorte (GD March)

Sue from Oregon said...

A perfect spring creation...Glad you found the perfect marker LOL! I have that same trouble with yellows. Not one I buy, until of course I need the "right" color! Sounds like your convention was tons of fun! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

Natascha said...

Aww, so cute. Lovely colors and layout. Thank you so much for joining us at House Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge. Good Luck!

Hugs, Natascha

Julie said...

Awhhh - such a cute image and a fab colour combo!! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges this week, Juliexxx

kaylou said...

aaawww this is so gorgeous and one of my fave song s too,thanks for joining us at CES .
Hugs Kaylou xx

Sasha said...

Such a sweet card. Love the cute image and your colouring uis great!

Unknown said...

Lovely Card!

Thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges this week!

Sarah x