Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 13 March 2011

Just Playing




My DH made the remark last week "You don't seem to make cards for yourself now - just for challenges". Yes said I, but they all get used and I enjoy making them.
But it made me think - I haven't had a 'play day' for ages, so Friday became Play Day!
I played with a few old stamps new card shapes and some different techniques and now I have lots of 'bits' just waiting to go together, but one I have finished is for my son's friends wife who has just had a baby girl. I have made it as a pocket card and he can write the sentiment on the tag.

I have used a PSX stamp which I love,coloured as usual with Promarkers and I have added stardust stickles after colouring the moon with Satin. The papers are from the Pink Petticoat freebies in last months Quick Cards mag. I chalked around the image but it looks very pale in the photo, better IRL.
I have found a few challenges for this card (well it would be a waste if I didn't)

Oldie but a Goodie - For a Baby - Had this stamp for ages)
Everybody Art - Baby
I Love Promarkers - Babies
Bling it On - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Dream Valley - New Beginnings

That's it for me, thanks for looking and if you like what you see, please leave a comment and I'll visit you.

Avril x

21 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Avril,such a pretty card.xxx

Lisa Jane said...

such a pretty card - delightful image and love all the punched borders
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this fortnight
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

How delicate and pretty Avril - just perfect for a new baby card! It would also hold a gift card beautifully I think. xx

Sarah said...

Lovely card, such a sweet image, gorgeous colours, hugs, Sarah x

DesignerDiva said...

This is gorgeous Avril, its so elegant and pretty, love the tag too
Laurie x

Fiona said...

lovely card and I love the scallops...very delicate!! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley this week.

Fi

xxxtglxxx said...

I have never made a pocket card Avril - this looks amazing.

The beautiful lace punch is perfect for this, and thats such a cute little image. Soft, delicate and very sweet card.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Francesca said...

Adorable card

Thanks for joining us at OLDIE BUT A GOODIE challenge and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Avril.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Stunning card, what a great stamp. Love the tag idea. Thanks for joining our challenge at Dream Valley.xx

Jenny said...

A beautiful delicate card. The punched detail makes it so elegant.
Thanks for joining EAC.
Jenny

katesacraftybugger said...

very pretty card ,thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week
Kate xx

Shirl said...

Clever idea about leaving the tag blank for writing on and the card is so soft, floaty and whimsical looking just right for a baby. The image is just perfect.
Hugs Shirley x x

Cazza said...

Sooooo pretty Avril and what a great idea with the tag :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Mary J said...

How wonderful Avril!!! Those soft colours are perfect with that image!

Julie said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

Julie W x

Patsi said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at bling it on.... X

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Sorry I have been MIA for a while, but had to just say I love this idea, never seen a pocket card before, but what a terrific idea..may have to borrow this one Avril
Love Jenni

Shell said...

what a lovely card Avril, thanks for joining us at bling it on.
Shell xx

Annie said...

such a beautiful baby girl card. thank you for joining in my baby challenge on the Oldie but a Goodie blog.
hugs, annie x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Such a pretty baby card. The colour is so muted and delicate. Fabulous
Thanks for joining us at the Bling It On challenge.
Sharon xx