Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Shabby Chic

Hi All,
I bought this Magenta stamp at the weekend and couldn't wait to use her as I needed to do something petty after my 'Vintage Males'  She was coloured with watercolours and I spritzed some bronze perfect pearls onto my crafts sheet to paint over the flowers on her hat. I stamped an 'extra' bird as I wanted it to look as if it was flying down.
For my background paper, I inked up a large Stampendous Flower stamp with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, I then sponged with Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, and Spun Sugar, and sprayed on some bronze perfect pearls and a pink DIY one, although its hard to see in the photo, but you can see some pink 'splots'! The frame was cut with an oval nesti,  inked with Victorian Velvet and heat embossed with UTEE.  The sentiment, cut with another nestieis  is Tim Holtz, and inked with Victorian Velvet. Ribbon was also coloured with DI.

I am entering this card into:
  The Stamp Man - Shabby/Chic
  Going Grey with Scrap Creations - Its a Girl Thing
  Paper & Such Designs - Just for the Girls
  Try Stamping on Tuesdays - Sketch
  Bunny Zoes - Ribbon or Twine
  Cardmaking Mamas - Make it Girly
  Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Thats it for now and thanks for looking.

Avril xx

24 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

Oh I love that stamp! Beautifully feminine card, gorgeous colours - I love it!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the stamp and fabulous layout.xxx

Brenda Brown said...

This gorgeous Avril, I love the backing you have created and the frame really makes the image pop.
Thanks for linking this to The Stamp Man challenge.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Avril
Full of elegance and such a sense of the past.
Wishes
Lynne

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the background and the vintage image and feel to the card .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Debs said...

Beautiful shabby chic card - love the background detail.
I saw this on MIM too :o)
Thanks for your visit to my blog as well.
Take care
Debs xx

Linda said...

Very beautiful again! I love the colored ribbon.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card Avril, its a gorgeous stamp displayed beautifully.
Yvonne x

Terry said...

Beautiful use of this stamp! The background and colors are gorgeous! Have a great day!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Avril your card is so pretty and love that lace xx

Catherine said...

Gorgeous vintage card....

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful romantic look, love the lace and the ribbon.

Ephemera said...

Hi Avril fabulous card, love the stamp and the vintage pink tones. I love magenta stamps too. xx

Deb said...

Love what you did. I love the distressed look. Thank you for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday

Janice M said...

Great vintage style card! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper and Such!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love the vintage feel.


I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m number 205)

~Cheryl~

**I am having a give-away on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

Jean said...

This card is so pretty. It is a beautiful image and I love the background you made and the sentiment.Jean x

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Your card caught my eye at MIM. I'm #138 & 194!

Totally gorgeous, love the vintage image.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Merry said...

Lovely card....really like how you threaded the ribbon through the lace. Saw you on MIM.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Avril, the main image is gorgeous, I can see why you were keen to get her inked up ! Love the background too ! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man. Sue C x

xxxtglxxx said...

Popped back to catch up properly :)

This is beautiful! Lovely delicate image and lace and the papers match perfectly!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Kim O'Connell said...

So elegant! Thanks for playing along with us for the Paper and Such Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, how did I miss this?! Gorgeous! Love the image and lace paper. The ribbon threaded through the lace looks lovely too.
xx

CherylAnn Robinson said...

What a lovely, soft feel to this card. Love the vintage look. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.