I've had some more play time with the Distress Crayons this week, and I must say the more I use them, the more I love them.
I began with a coat of gesso on some linen card, then I used a brick stencil with crackle paste on one side. When it was dry I rubbed Walnut Stain and Vintage photo over the bricks, loved the way the crayons settled into the cracks.
I had cut some Wildflowers, tinted them with distress markers and clear embossed them a couple of weeks ago for another project, but after they were heat embossed I thought they were too pale for what I wanted. I tried smudging the crayons over the embossing, not really thinking it would work, but after letting them air dry, the new darker colour had dried fast, perfect for what I wanted.
I smudged green and blue colours around on the unstenciled sided of the card to look like grass and sky, layered the flowers, adding foam pads to some of the flower heads for dimension and finally some stamped words.
I've just received the 2 new colour sets, and hopefully I'll get to use them over the weekend.
Have a great weekend.