Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 31 October 2017

Timeless


Hello, and thanks for calling in and it's something different, although still in my favourite vintage style.  I've been lacking in inspiration since coming back from holiday, so hubby suggested 'try something different'  so I've started a journal.   It's only 11 x 16cm so there's no stress to fill a large page and I thought a good opportunity to use some neglected rubber.

As the current them at TioT is Circles, and there's still have another week left to link up,  I took inspiration from that.  The image is from Oxford Impressions April in Paris plate.  I used a watery wash of Bundled Sage distress stain and Frayed Burlap distress crayon for the circles and edges, and Tarnished Brass highlights.

I must  admit I really did enjoy making this page and it did de-stress for a couple of hours - at the moment I've got a 'gremlin' in the computer who calls in frequently and opens and closes tabs while I'm busy and then locks me out for a couple of hours, and typical - my computer is just a couple of months out of guarantee.  If he sticks around  and I go missing, you'll know he's won!

Have a great day,
Avril xx


10 comments:

brenda said...

What a great idea Avril, I suffer the same after a holiday and what a great super start you've made here.

B x

Janette said...

Sometimes it's so nice to just get on with something else other than DT work etc...this is beautiful, it's soft and elegant, love it Avril....
Hope the pc stops buggering about....enjoy your day...xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is gorgeous Avril!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page Avril, have fun in your new journal. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

This is AMAZING Avril! So so beautiful!

Meggymay said...

Its a very beautiful journal page Avril. It was good to read you had enjoyed making the page and I hope you will create more to share with us.
Yvonne xx

Linda said...

Beautiful journal pages, great layout and gorgeous colours ..... you can tell you had fun with this. Good luck with your computer gremlin! xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, that's magical! I love how you've used the circle motif, especially to frame the vintage photo, and the colours are so delicate and pretty. Brilliant page spread... I hope we'll be seeing more - I think your husband might have hit on something here!! Hope you can sort out your gremlin.
Alison x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning Avril, love this.xx[aNNie]

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is beautiful Avril! Great texture and colour! Chrisx