Pages

Pages

Tuesday, 1 September 2026

Emboss It

 


Our new challenge at Try it on Tuesday is Emboss It!

Apart from embossing a sentiment, it's a while since I did any Embossing, and even longer since I used my embossing folders.  I have a few 3D folders which haven't been used in a long while, in fact I had to 'experiment' with different plates to get the right combination.

I've used a TH Poinsettia 3D folder which I first swiped with Iced Spruce DI before running through my machine.  I coloured  the flowers and leaves with some old metallic rub-ons and added gold glitter to the centres.  The sentiment, which is an old Hero Arts wooden stamp was heat embossed using WOW Red Glitz powder.  Layering up on red glitter card and gold mirri card.  I always find using gold mirri card somehow alters the colours for a photo, this looks so much nicer in daylight than on here.

The rest of the Design Team have some great samples to inspire your, so please pop over to TioT's, where you will also find all the challenge details.

11 comments:

  1. This makes a lovely Christmas card Avril.Those embossed poinsettias and the gold edging are really lovely. Happy new month to you. Since it's already September it won't be long until we're all thinking of Christmas cards. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! How absolutely beautiful! Getting on with Christmas cards now is such a good idea! This is a great start - not sure when I will begin mine! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embossed poinsettias- perfect for a Christmas card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a beautiful card Avril, The festive season will be creeping up on us all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks a very nice Christmas Card Avril, and the way the weeks fly by it will be here before we know it!!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, love the embossing folder and your colouring, I'm digging out old stuff too. It's like new again. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful embossed card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely EF design and you've made a beautiful card with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW so beautiful Avril, I love your christmas card with the embossed poinsettias.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that TH embossing folder it certainly does make a beautiful Christmas card. I totally agree about the mirror card it reflects the light in ways we don't want it too but it does make things look so opulent..
    Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and EF. Taking photos of anything with shiny finish is a nightmare be it mirror card, glitter or mica sprays - they never look great on photos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave me a comment.
I really do appreciate them all.