Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 29 June 2010

House mouse Challenge and one for Simon Says

Well, apart from some overnight rain, the weather is still wonderful and sunny, and although I still enjoy being out in the sunshine, I feel I can spare a little 'time out' to make a card or two.
We were at a friend Wedding at the weekend and although I did make the card, I did a repeat of the tent card that I did for my son's Wedding Anniversary in April and just changed the sentiment - so not too much to think about there!

Yesterday, being a damp start, was an ideal opportunity to make this card for the House Mouse challenge.



The theme is 'new' and apart from this being a new stamp, its also a new baby! The image is so cute, and although this one is for a girl, I will also be doing one for a boy as my daughters friend is having a baby in the autumn, so she can use either one!
The papers are leftover scraps (just enough to make the card) and I have used a MS embossed scallop punch. Non of my little versa inks seemed the right colour for the sentiment, so I ended up using Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and quickly heat embossed with silver pearl, quite a good match!

I cut the image with the nestabilities Large Scallop Circle, and embossed the edges with a large embossing tool for a more defined line than the embossing mat gives, (I saw this tip on Ikki's Cuttlebug cupboard - this lady is just brill, she has some wonderful ideas and tips for Cuttlebug, Nesties etc.) I then chalked the edges. I don't think you can tell in the photo, but I added glitter flock to his tail, well you've got to have a fluffy tail!

This card also fits in with the challenge at Simon Says, good to do 2 inh 1!

Thanks for looking

Avril

12 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Avril this is a stunning creation ..such a sweet cute image & lurve this PINK card..ohhh soooo girly thanks for sharing & joining us at House Mouse & friends Monday Chall.

Hugs Christine xx

Sue said...

Avril, your card is pure sweetness. And it will be equally wonderful done in blues. Love the pastel pink and your coloring of the image is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your card with us this challenge at House Mouse and Friends. Please come back often so we can see what you are creating.

Take Care
Sue Drees

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful adorable card Avril.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Hi Avril
aww what a beautiful new babay card, very pretty papers & design,thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time, sue.x

Lori Barnett said...

SUPER CUTE! I just love those Happy Hoppers...they are so adorable :) Thanks for joining us for the challenge!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

So precious! I love everything about this card - especially the bunny image!! :D

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi Avril, just my kind of card - pink, cute and girly. Love it xx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card :-) the image is adorable and the papers and colours you used are lovely :-) love the fluffy tail and the embossed sentiment too :-)

thanks for joining the HM&F Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x

Heather said...

What a gorgeous card, so pretty, love that cute image, wonderful details and your embossed sentiment is fabulous.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at both House Mouse & Friends and Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

Sue from Oregon said...

So pretty...I always love gingham DP and this sweet baby card is just perfect with it! Lovely details as well. Thanks for joining us this week at HM&F's Monday Challenge!

Natascha said...

This is cute! Thank you for playing at HM&F Monday Challenge.

Hugs, Natascha

Jane said...

Such a beautiful delicate baby card! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx