Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Friday 18 March 2011

Button & Bows


Just a quick post to show a card I made a few weeks ago for a friends birthday, which I didn't want to share before her birthday. This friend loves sewing, so I knew she would appreciate this. We met for coffee yesterday and she told me she is going to frame it and put it in her 'sewing room' - what a compliment
I have used a Hero Arts stamp (compliments of crafty friend Diane). I stamped out little dresses onto extra paper, addsed some stickles to the pink one. The tape measure is a scan of my tape measure aged with Antique Linen DI!
Button and ribbon from stash to match the DP. I wrote inside 'Sew Glad We're Friends'.

I have found a few challenges to enter this card in
DYSU - Add a Bow
Totally papercrafts - Buttons
Die Cut Dreams - Mothers Day/Special Friend
Sassy Studio - Own Embellishments
Stamping for the Weekend - For Mum


Hope to finish another card today, after a few jobs (unfortunately),cause tomorrow we're off to Harrogate Papercrafts show and I might just buy a few new goodies to play with!!

Catch you later

Avril x

14 comments:

Peggysue said...

Hi Avril, I love this card since I used to sew my clothes decades ago. Those ladies remind me of the patterns my Mom had when I was growing up. Brilliant idea to scan the tape measure. Love all those buttons too! I’m glad you joined us for the DYSU Add a Bow challenge & hope to see you again!

WencheP said...

Love it. Like the kind of vintage look! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Doreen said...

I love this Avril,I remember when paterns looked like that.xxx

Miranda said...

fantastic card Avril , those fifties images are adorable
thanks for joining us at the DYSU challenge blog this week
hugs
Miranda

Anonymous said...

This is amazing Avril!! I just love the way you've put everything together. I'm not surprised your friend is going to frame it! Beautiful. xx

DesignerDiva said...

Another fabulous card Avril, how clever to scan your tape measure! I never would have thought of that but if you don't mind I will now
Hugs Laurie x

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Regan said...

How very clever to make the measuring tape embellishment! Also great paper piecing on the dresses! Adorable card! Thanks for playing along @ SSD! :)

Mummylade said...

this is so elegant and I really like the measuring tape! Thank you so much for entering the DCD challenge and good luck.

Mary J said...

I hope you had a good time at Harrowgate!

Beautiful card - you do sophisticated cards brillliantly!

Julie said...

Lovely card. Your friend gave you the best compliment ever by saying she was going to frame it. Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs
hugs,
julie

xxxtglxxx said...

Buttons and Gingham are just so fab! I love this - it reminds me of my mums patterns box - it was full of these elegant designs and she could whip up a storm in an afternoon.

This is so brilliant and clever! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is just gorgeous and I bet it looks fantastic in a frame. I love the pretty gingham you used and the random buttons look amazing.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Anne said...

Smashing card, thanks for joining us on TPC this week
Anne x