Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Monday 7 March 2011

House Mouse Challenge



Should be finished the last bit of the decorating tomorrow and hopefully get back to normal for a couple of weeks before we start again. I hate decorating, but love the end result!

This is another card that I made in stages, due to lack of crafting time. It is for the House Mouse challenge which is More than 1 fold. This is the first time I have made a stepper card. I followed the tutorial on Cats Wiskers blog. This is a large image - courtesy of Diane, so I had to alter the sizes a bit.
I had the idea for this card and wanted to make all the little embellishments to go with it. I stitched embroidery thread around the little mouse at the front. The image is coloured with Promarkers and I used Magenta stickles on the heart. The papers are from the freebie pack from Quick Cards last month.
I am also entering this card in Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Sarah Hurley challenge - Four legged friends
I have been so busy this last week that I haven't told you about my 'Award' from Laurie


Step 1 - Make a post linking back to the person who gave you the award!
Step 2 - Share 7 random things about yourself
Step 3 – Award 7 recently discovered bloggers with this award
Step 4 – Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won the award.

So 7 Random things about me:
1. I like Red Wine
2. I prefer Dark Chocolate
3. I am an only child
4. My fav. place in the UK is the Lake District
5. My fav. holiday was HongKong
6. I have 2 grown up children
7. I married a Fireman

I am passing this on to old and new followers Katina Alison Jenni
Christine Sue
Sarah
Louise

Phew! for not having much time I feel as if I have just written War & Peace!

Thanks for looking,

Avril x

18 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Avirl - I really thought this was a cross- stitched image - it looks so realistic! Love the card - the House Mouse characters are just adorable. Thanks so much for visting today and becoming a follower, and I really appreciate your comment too.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

sue said...

Thanks sooo much for the award Im really touched, the card is beautiful I also thought it was cross stitched lol thanks again x sue x

Christine said...

Hi Avril wow what a stunner &&& X stitch
which I love but dont do much now..too busy card making..LOL gorgeous multifold HM creation & this image is sooo cute..love it..Thanks for sharing at HM & Friends chall this time..

Congrats on your award & many thanks for thinking of me to pass it on too....

smiles Christine xx

NanaConnie said...

I love this card! The embellishments are just so perfect, and the step fold is fantastic. Great color choices!

Anonymous said...

Hi Avril, this is one stunning creation!! I thought it was cross stitched too! The little embellisments are fabulous! Just love it! Thank you soooo much for my award; I'm chuffed! xxx

Sue said...

What a beautiful card. That image is darling and it is so creative how you embellished your card with buttons and thread to match it. Thanks for joining the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue Drees

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, the ribbon spools and the buttons are the perfect touch with this sweet HM. Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for playing in our House Mouse and Friends Blog Challenge.

debby4000 said...

WOW gorgeous card Avril, fab image and details.
luv
Debby

Mary J said...

Well done on the award Avril - well deserved!

Great card! I love the colours and the embellishing!

Lisa Jane said...

This is wonderful.. the cross stitch really does look real and i love all the little skeins of cotton
Just delightful
Thanks for joining us at Sarah hurley this week
Lisa ;)

xxxtglxxx said...

I love the embroidery thread details on this Avril :) Beautiful card (I have yet to brave a stepper!).

I love house mouse images too, and this is very cute.

Thank you so much for my award, its brilliant, and I am very honoured. It made my day :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Lisa said...

I love this card and especially love the tiny little skeins of floss! Just too cute! Thanks for joining us at House Mouse & Friends Challenge!

Shatam said...

Pretty card. Well done Avril. Thanks for playing with us on CYP (Craft Your Passion).

Shatam ;0)

Louise said...

Hi Just wanted to say thankyou for my award not got back to you sooner because my dear middle son decided to share a sickie bug with me lol so not been good but thankyou again it made my day.
Louise xx

Heather said...

Hi Avril, this is so gorgeous, I love the image, such great colouring and your details are just perfect, especially love the little skeins of thread!!
Hope you come to the end of your decorating soon, it's too disruptive to crafting!!

Glad you could join us again at House Mouse & Friends,
hugs
Heather xx

Patsi said...

Beautiful, this is really cute! I love the little mice. thanks for sarah hurley this week. x

Sue from Oregon said...

Avril, love the sewing them with all th darling embellies! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

America said...

LOVELY and creative. FAB image! Thank you so much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again! :)