Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 14 December 2014

Turn up the Heat at Fashionable Stamping Challenge

Hello, slowly getting back to normal now which is just as well as there's a new challenge at Fashionable Stamping and I chose the theme 'Turn up the Heat'  which is anything goes as long as you use a Heat Gun, and of course 'real' stamping, and because it's almost Christmas and everyone is so busy, this challenge will run for 4 weeks to give you plenty of time to join in. There is also a  $20 prize for one lucky random winner  from our sponsor, Flonzcraft  to spend in their online store
For my make I decided to use my Tim Holtz Cabinet Card die to make a card.  I cut 4 pieces and dry embossed 2  with the Tim Holtz Clocks folder for the covers. These were coloured with Antique Bronze and Pewter Distress stains and Walnut Stain ink.  The quote is a PaperArtsy stamp which was stamped with Potting Soil Archival and heat embossed with Clear powder.
For the inside I used both parts of Crafty Individuals 305, again stamping and heat embossing with clear powder.  The 'clock' was also masked and a PA  mini was used for the background. My 'gent' was also stamped a second time, fussy cut and then the whole image triple embossed with clear EP.
I made a little pocket on the back cover, heat embossed a clock on a small tag, leaving the reverse for a personal message.
All details as well as some fabulous and very different inspiration, can be found on the main blog.

I am entering this at:
  That's Crafty - Anything Goes
  Artistic Stamper - Anything Goes

Thanks for your visit and enjoy your Sunday.

Avril xx


20 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Wow what an awesome masculine project with a wonderful nostalgic steam punk feel.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

brenda said...

My fav Timmy die Avril and love all the embossing and inking.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

Margik said...

Wonderful project, Avril! Love the embossing and the great choice of images.
Hugs, Mar

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely book Avril! Hugs, Valerie

Pamellia said...

Love the colours and the base shape is fabulous! What a wonderful sentiment too! hugs :)

chrissie said...

Very beautiful piece-love the texture you created

Chrissie x

Words and Pictures said...

That's just wonderful, Avril - I love the clock theme, and the embossed textures, and the fabulous vintage images!
Alison xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh Avril, this looks fantastic! I always love cards made with that die and the embossing on the outside of yours looks super! The inside looks wonderful too, love it!

Pia S said...

The covers look like they're made of real metal. What a great job making them look so genuine!

Meggymay said...

Love this little book, the textures on the cover look fantastic.
Yvonne x

Mrs A. said...

My goodness how fantastic is this? I love all the elements you have used on the inside as well as the front and back. Hugs Mrs A.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous shape, embossing, colours and stamping Avril...a topper!
greetings, Alie

Little Artbee said...

A very nice small Vintage Book which I like very much.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Terry said...

Wow, this is quite the little lovely book. I love the vintage feel and all time elements! Gorgeous!

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Avril. I love the clock/time theme and I think the embossing adds so much class to the finished project. I also love how you used the distress stains and walnut stain over the covers - it looks awesome!
Dot x

Anonymous said...

what a great masterpiece - so great!!! Merry christmas to you!!!!

Paper Profusion said...

Beautiful card Avril. Love the clever stamping 3d effects. The gent especially pops. Nicola x

Jenny Marples said...

What a fantastic project Avril! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a creative New Year. Jenny x

Dorothy S said...

I had to stop by and check the details. What a great look - hope I can try to get something similar!

Shirley said...

This make is the bees knees Avril and I deperately need that CI stamps.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.