Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Thursday 25 August 2016

Stamps and Stencils Guest Designer




Hello and I'm thrilled to tell you that today I'm sharing my  Time to Take Flight!  project for the current challenge at Stamps and Stencils as their Guest Designer, as I won their Floral Frenzy challenge in July
As most of the details of my card are on the Stamps and Stencil Blog, I'll just give you a quick run through of what I did.
I started with a piece of Tyvek that had lined my spray box, cut it to size and then used embossing paste through the flourish stencil.  It didn't bother me that the green would bleed through the paste as I didn't want a white flourish!
The butterfly was also stamped onto Tyvek before fussy cutting and layering over a previously stamped image so that I had the antennae showing.  The sentiment was also stamped on Tyvek.
I would like to thank the Design Team for picking my card as a winner and for the invitation to join as a GDT  for this challenge.


Thanks for your visit.
Avril xx


16 comments:

chrissie said...

Very beautiful with a wonderful background

Love Chrissie xx

Anneke said...

Wonderful. Beautiful background for a beautiful butterfly.
The butterfly look real love it.

Mrs A. said...

Oooooing and arrrrrrrrring and stroking my iPad over this butterfly card . Love the colours and how you have used scraps up especially the background piece that most peeps(but not us) would just throw away. Hugs Mrs A.

Amanda said...

Absolutely beautiful Avril, well done on your guest spot
Love
Amanda x

Samra said...

Stunning work!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow gorgeous ! xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Congrats on your win and your guest spot - I love this!
Alison x

Sandy said...

I ditto what Alison just said -- your background is gorgeous. Beautifully made and designed.
Sandy xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful butterfly and card Avril. Congratulations on the Guest designer spot.
Yvonne xx

Margik said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot Avril! Your card is really fabulous! Mar xx

Paper Profusion said...

Very well done on your guest feature Avril. Your card is a wonderful spotlight piece. Nicola x

Linda said...

Congratulations on your GD spot ..... this certainly is a beauty.
Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Congratulations on your guest DT spot Avril. This card is another beauty. You've created the most amazing background. The TH stenciled flourish and the butterfly work so well together and the sentiment is just perfect. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Sandra xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Avril and congrats on your DT spot...well done..xx {aNNie}

Pia S said...

Thiis looks aged in such a natural way. A true vintage looking piece with no fussy elements but it still feels detailed and it looks fantastic.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is so beautiful Avril - love how you created the fabulous butterfly! Congratulation on being GD at Stamps and Stencils! Hugs,Chrisx