Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Saturday 25 March 2017

Oxides Ink on Black


Hello,  I've had another little play with the Oxide Inks although nothing got quite finished, as in the middle I decided to try the Oxide inks onto a scrap of black card - just to see exactly how good the colours were.
I used Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint through the mini Floral stencil and although the colours are paler - I think the Worn Lipstick looks more like Milled Lavender, I love the chalky effect.
This was just a scrap, but I thought it looked too nice, so with some Tiny Tattered floral roses, ribbon and lace spritzed with Milled Lavender, it's now a pretty gift tag.  The little label was stamped with Worn Lipstick Oxide ink.  I did try another, which I clear embossed, but the colour seemed to fade.

I am entering this at:
  Moving Along with the Times - Handmade or Die cut flowers

Thanks for calling in,
Have a lovely weekend,
Avril x


17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, glad you are having fun with your inks. Hugs, Valerie

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is beautiful and the oxides show up really well on the black card. I really like the stencil that you've used too. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Amanda said...

They look lovely on the black great tag
Live
Amanda x

Lisa said...

Oh wow, they look amazing on black!! This is so elegant and gorgeous!! Love this!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous!! So classy looking!
Lucy x

Meggymay said...

Love how the oxides look on the black. Its a fabulous tag and the flowers look so pretty and delicate against the black.
Yvonne xx

Janette said...

Think you recovered something here Avril and it looks really pretty....xx

aussie aNNie said...

Love the result, and sure doesn't look like scrap to me, too nice to dice out. I think the colours look so soft and feminine on this. Great oxide playing.x ♥[aNNie]

chrissie said...

They look amazing on the black Avril and this is a beautiful tag

Love Chrissie xx

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful tag Avril, the Oxides and black card create stunning effects. Xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Avril,
what a brilliant tag and your stencilling is so pretty.
Love your wonderful roses.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.DT

My name is Erika. said...

Wow-gorgeous tag Avril!

Hazel said...

A beautiful tag and lovely to see the result of oxide inks on black. It looks great. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Hazel x

Pia S said...

The colors come off really nicely from the black background, it's a delicate and feminine and absolutely lovely design...

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is so beautiful - it could not be anymore perfectly vintage!!!
Wishes
Lynne

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's great experimenting with the Oxides isn't it - I still have to add some colours to my collection!!! This tag is beautiful! Chrisx

sarascloset said...

This is STUNNING! I've got to try these wonderful little pots of color on black--you have inspired me! So happy you rescued this and made this gorgeous tag! Your roses are gorgeous! Hugs!