Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Steampunk/Mechanical at TioT



Hello and thanks for calling in,  today sees the start of a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday and this fortnight the theme is  Steampunk /Mechanical.   As usual it's up to you what you make as long as it follows the theme.

I've made a card with an industrial look using card covered with metal foil tape embossed with a Spelbinders EF for the base and then black card embossed with a Tim Holtz cogs folder,  I used Treasure Gold in Aquamarine on some of the raised parts. The gears die cut was covered with paint and a copper embossing powder.  My three gents are an old Tim Holtz stamp again layered on some embossed  metal card.

The rest of the DT have some wonderful inspirations for you, so please pop over to the main blog where you will also find the challenge details and some news!

This is a scheduled post as we are on holiday in Italy,  hopefully enjoying some lovely sunshine and drinking lots of local wine, not too sure how good the internet will be, so if I don't catch up with you soon, see you next week.

Avril xx


18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, have fun in Italy. Hugs, Valerie

Janette said...

Looks brilliant Avril and love the metal tape....
Have a nice day...x

brenda said...

A superb masculine creation Avril. Enjoy Italy, I'm a tad green as we were due to go next month.

B x

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful project! Enjoy Italy !!!

chrissie said...

This is great Avril and the metallic sheen on the cogs is amazing


Love Chrissie xx

Marjut said...

Love this, a great masculine design.

Lisa said...

This is fabulous, Avril!! I love the metal look and the industrial look!! What a perfect masculine card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

aussie aNNie said...

Love the steam punk look and the card is fabulous... [aNNie]

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous Steampunk Card Avril. Hope you are enjoying your holiday.
Yvonne xx

Lula said...

Love how you have used this foil tape to create the industrial look Avril!
Masterpiece!
Lula oxo

Margik said...

A great card with a fabulous steampunk look! I really love it.
Mar xx

Amanda said...

Fabulous make of the theme, great textures
Love
Amanda x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant card Avril! Love those 3 gents! Have a great holiday! Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

I love all the metal texture you created Avril. And those men with their dapper top hats really work well with the steampunk theme. Great piece.:) Hugs-Erika

Words and Pictures said...

A great steampunk look, and a stunning vintage NYC piece over at AO today too - I walked past the Flatiron building just this afternoon! Lovely work!
Alison x

Linda said...

Fabulous Steampunk design ...... love those rusty cogs. I wish I was back in Italy, its my favourite part of the world ...... Enjoy your holiday, and the wine!! xx

sarascloset said...

Oh, lucky you to be in Italy! I hope we are going to see photos! Your masculine card is wonderful! I love that old Tim stamp, and you have inspired me to dust it off! Gorgeous layers of metal! I love that bottom most embossing! Would love to know the name of the folder if you get a chance. Love this card! Hugs!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful card, I love the industrial feel you created with the textured steel plate background, cogs and images 😀. Wishing you a lovely week! J 😊