Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 20 August 2017

Lessons for Life



Hello, I don't know about you, but I'm a bit of a messy crafter.  However,  fortunately for the craft room, my friend comes over most Thursdays and I have to tidy to make room for her which means the 'box of bits' keeps getting bigger. I try to use them up from time to time and always feel good if I can make a dent - no matter how small, so here goes...

This crackle background was the 'try' when I first got DecoArt Crackle Paint, applying different thicknesses and after drying this was too good to throw, so in the box it went.  I've now used Distress Sprays Tumbled Glass and Chipped Sapphire and just left it to dry in the cracks and added some stencilling for interest.  These sentiments  had been stamped for something else, so I cut them apart and rearranged and also cut apart my little Paper doll boy as his friend/brother looked a bit timid for what I had in mind.  He reminds me of my son, not in looks but whenever we took a picture of him and said 'smile' he always stood to attention!

I am going to enter this at Tag Tuesday as their theme is Use Your Scraps.

Have a lovely day,

Avril xx


18 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

What a cute little boy. And I do love the crackle background. I'm with you about being a messy crafter but I never see, to do much of a good job cleaning up, so this is a great challenge for me to clean off my craft table. :) Yup agreed about using even a few scraps. Love your tag Avril. Hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

cUTE little man, love the gorgeous card and all your fabulous uses of inks and crackle.xx [aNNie]

UplayOnline said...

Love your tag Avril. Hugs-Erika


ดูหนัง

chrissie said...

A brilliant tag from your wonderful scraps Avril. This has been such a great theme with so much variety onthe tags

Thank you for joining is at Tag Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, had to laugh at you clearing things away when your friend comes - I often have to do the same here, which fills my bit boxes. Love the glorious BG on your tag, too. Hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant tag Avril! My bit box, my bit bags and my desk are far too full - I think I need to make another tag....at least!! Hugs, Chrisx

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

This TAG is very beautiful and and also the card below, Avril. I like everything.
Hugs Carola

Janette said...

Don't you just love it when you can find a use for something from the scrap box....this is gorgeous Avril..x

froebelsternchen said...

Love this cute image in your amazing background - just BEAUTIFUL!

brenda said...

A gorgeous background Avril and that lad is a super image.

B x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Avril!! The texture is amazing!! I love, love the crackle background!! That little guy and his dog are so sweet!! Beautiful project, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, that's a beautiful piece of crackle effect paper that you saved and used for the background and your little boy and dog are so cute! Have a lovely week! J 😊

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic tag Avril. I liked your family memory, saying smile to our lads always had them looking serious.
Yvonne xx

Linda said...

Love this ... the crackle background looks fab. Those bits we all keep do come in handy don't they! Have a great week xx

Words and Pictures said...

This is great - love that crackled background, and the words go so well with this little chap's determined expression.
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

PS Watch out for roth phallyka comments (just above Chrissie here). They're Spam - copying and pasting text from other comments on your blog. Don't click anything, mark them as Spam and delete. Likely on multiple posts. They're everywhere at the moment.
Ax

Pia S said...

Oh, I'm messy too, in the craft room and kitchen. I think I now have 3 large boxes of scraps and for some months I managed to use only scraps, apart for panels and card bases. That felt good. I'll try and continue on that path. The crackled background was to good to get rid of, I agree, it's a fab make for a boy or man.

SewPaperPaint said...

This is absolutely perfect! A beautiful crackle treatment, and a perfect combination of the chip sentiments. Hugs, Autumn