Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Natures Beautuy


It's time for a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday and for this fortnight the theme is 'Natures Beauty'
As I love to see flowers, this was my choice, but you could have trees, leaves, scenes, the choice is endless.

I've used the cone flower from Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamps on a blended Oxide background of Iced Spruce, Bundled Sage and Wild Honey.  I've used embossing  paste through a Wendy Vecchi stencil, and sprinkled on White EP, which was heat set when dry.   The stems were stamped onto the card base and a few extra leaves added and highlighted with a white gel pen.  Two of the flower heads were added with foam pads.  The sentiment is from PaperArtsey (Jofy)

The rest of the team have some fabulous inspiration for you so please head over to the main blog where you will also find the challenge details.

I've scheduled this post as we're having a short break in Budapest, hopefully the internet will be good and I can catch up as I put my feet up after a days sightseeing.

Thanks for calling in.

Avril




25 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic card Avril, love the delicate colours and the beautiful texture. Hugs, Valerie

Rosie said...

A very beautiful card, Avril

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card!

Cath Wilson said...

Gorgeous, Avril. That stamp is actually sitting on my desk, waiting to be played with again, but I can't get to it... It's one of my favourites!

Cath x

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful card! The background and cone flowers look stunning and I'm loving the quote you used too - perfect 😀. I hope you are having a lovely week, enjoy! J 😊 x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the beautiful details. Take care :) x

Meggymay said...

The flowers look beautiful. it is a fantastic card and that quote is a favourite of mine as well.
Hope you hare having a good break.
Yvonne xx

Jo said...

Beautiful & very inspiring......I have a similar stamp that needs using! Hope you're enjoying your break x

Joan said...

Lovely stencilled background Avril and I do love that flower stamp



Joan

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so stunning!! I love the colors and texture!! The flowers look amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Amanda said...

Avril this is beautiful!
Love
Amanda x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card Avril love this beautiful stamp and colours used...xx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Really beautiful Avril, such a fabulous stamp and your background is fabulous. So much grace in the shape of a DL card.
Hope your having a super time?
Hugs Tracey xx

Marjut said...

A lovely card, gorgeous colours!

sally said...

Beautiful in its simplicity! Pretty colours too :-)

Sally xx

My name is Erika. said...

Another very pretty card! Hugs-Erika

Little Artbee said...

A wonderful spring card. I love the interesting soft colored background, Perfect to let the flowers in it Pop up. The Quote is also Good and very true.
Dear Greetings
Sabine xox

froebelsternchen said...

What a wonderful and pretty card - you always have such delightful pieces Avril! I hope you enjoy Budapest! I love this city!
oxo Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

Avril, this really is such a beautiful and elegant card! Chrisx

chrissie said...

A really beautiful card with a great quote

Love Chrissie xx

Pia S said...

I think your choice of colors is a clever one, makes this card soft and delicate and the background is lovely too.

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow, so beautiful. Love you card.
Hugs Carola

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous work with the wonderful coneflower stamp - and it works really well with the JOFY sentiment.
Alison x

Shirley said...

Very pretty make and so full of the joys of Spring.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsArtwork.

Sandy said...

IO don't always comment but I try to look as much as possible.
So pretty!
Sandy xx