Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Don't forget - It's in the Mail!

The theme this fortnight is 'It's in the Mail' at Try it on Tuesday, and  initially I couldn't make my mind up as to what to make, so I made two pieces.  My second, an altered envelope,  uses  this lovely Darkroom door stamp that was free with Craft Stamper a while ago.
My first step was to mask off an area for the address, then I stamped my butterfly post and masked that off.
I stamped 2 butterflies and masked them off too.  The envelope was then stamped with a script stamp and a small swirl before shading with Wild honey and Vintage photo Distress inks.
You still have one week left to join in the challenge and all details can be found here.

Enjoy the rest of your week,
Avril xx

11 comments:

sally said...

Very pretty mail!

Sally

Terry said...

Very pretty mail art, Avril! I love those butterflies against the beautiful yellow colors and text! Hugs!

Paper Profusion said...

So pretty Avril - it sings of sunshine. Nicola x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

I love altered envelopes and mail art...and this envelope is awesome Avril!

kind regards, Alie :-)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful envelope, great choice of colors.

Valerie-Jael said...

Very pretty envelope, love the sunny colours, Valerie

Linda said...

Morning Avril,
Just been doing a catch up on all your fab creations. Love this envelope the colours are so bright and cheery .... I wouldn't be tearing this one open if it came through the post. Have a great day .... Linda xx

Shirley said...

Who wouldn't love this envelope to plop onto their Mat Avril. Stunningly beautiful and very creative.


Warm hugs from Shirl x x

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful, Avril!

Pia S said...

This is really beautiful, Avril!

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous mailart - I love the golden glow!
Alison xx