Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 8 December 2019

The First Snowflake

Hello, well after a lovely relaxing holiday, I think I  need to get into panic mode and finish making some Christmas cards otherwise I'll end up buying some.

I did die cut quite a few snowflakes before I went away, so they were just waiting to be layered up and all I needed was the background.  This background has been lying around for quite a while and the swirls were already brushed with silver paint, so I used a mica spray to add some shimmer before using a silver mirri base card and then added the snowflake which was silver - white glitter card and then a lovely pale blue glitter card, unfortunately the colours just don't show.

It's a start, just need to find some more backgrounds for the stack of die cut snowflakes!

I am going to enter this at  Allsorts  where the theme this week is Snowmen/and or Snowflakes.

Thanks for calling in,
Avril xx


14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card Avril, very stylish. Hugs, Valerie

Kathleen said...

Really beautiful background and a gorgeous collections of snowflakes. Thank you for joining our 'Snowmen/Snowflakes' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful layered snowflake and love the flourish background -have you checked your bin for backgrounds lol
Carol x

Janette said...

This is gorgeous Avril, beautiful card. Glad you enjoyed your hols. Xx

My name is Erika. said...

Glad it was a good get away. I think this is a beautiful first snowflake. It is that time of year! Good luck with your card making. Hope its not too paniced. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

Wow - stylish and beautiful! A gorgeous make! Clever and a good hand as always dear Avril! Don't stress and panic -- bought cards are also a good alternative!!!
Great that you had a nice holiday!
Big hugs, Susi

sally said...

Gorgeous, there’s nothing nicer than a snowflake at Christmas!

Sally xx

Meggymay said...

They are beautiful snowflake die cuts, its a gorgeous card Avril.
Yvonne xx

Wendy L said...

A beautiful snowflake, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning card! The delicate snowflake sitting on the icy background that you created looks so beautiful - I love it šŸ˜. So pleased to here you had a wonderful holiday and I hope you had a lovely time celebrating your hubby's birthday too! I hope it doesn't feel too cold after all that sunshine šŸ˜‰. Happy December! Hugs, Jo x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, I've made 40 but I cannot seem to get them addressed for the mail! You've made a great start, pretty card, good luck, just keep on swimming! :-) XOX

Words and Pictures said...

Intricate and exquisite - all that a snowflake should be. This is beautiful, Avril.
Alison x

Sandy said...

so delicate - so pretty!
Sandy xx

Pia S said...

Gorgeous snowflake on elegant background. A timeless design!