Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Mood Board - The Call of Spring at TioT

         
                                        

It's time for a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday and this fortnight we have a 'The Call of Spring' and there's a Mood Board' created by Valerie to give you some inspiration.  So please use this and tell us what you were inspired by.


I was inspired by the pink blossom, blue sky and white clouds, and I've made a large tag and used a technique that I saw 'somewhere' but not sure where now, or if I've done it right, but I like the background texture.

I started with a layer of embossing paste roughly spread onto the tag, then I inked my stamp with Versamark and stamped into the wet paste, and remembered to wash my stamp straight away.  When it was dry, I sprayed Tumbled Glass and Chipped Sapphire Distress Stains to colour over the paste.When that was dry, I smudged on some Gesso and then splattered some watery gesso.  I've highlighted the edges and some of the raised areas with Aquamarine Treasure Gold.  The flower, a Tim Holtz Flower Garden image, was fussy cut and applied to the tag.  The sentiment, another TH,was stamped and embossed with Gold EP.

The rest of the DT have some fabulous inspirations for you, so please pop over to the main blog, where you will find all the details.

Thanks for calling in,
Avril xx







20 comments:

chrissie said...

A beautiful Spring tag Avril with colours to make us feel wamr and happy

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your gorgeous tag Avril! Hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the technique you used to make this fabulous background! The beautiful flower is definitely signalling the hope for a warm Spring! Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

Gorgeous tag Avril. That background texture is gorgeous and makes the flower image pop off the tag. Happy spring. Hugs-Erika

Lula said...

Stunning tag Avril and I love the way you have created the background.
Together with a flower image it makes so lovely composition!
Lula xx

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning, Avril!! The background looks amazing!! I love the texture and the colors!! Gorgeous tag!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Meggymay said...

It looks a super technique for the background that you used. The tag is beautiful, its such a pretty spring flower.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Your take on the moodboard is uniqe Avril! I am in love with your beautiful tag! Just GORGEOUS! You are such a gifted Mixed Media artist!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful spring tag! I love the colours you used and the way you imprinted the embossing paste with the stamp to create the textured background - amazing 😁. Happy Tuesday and have a wonderful week! J 😊 x

Tee said...

This is so pretty! Love the texture and colors!

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Oh wow, this is a beautiful tag with the texture. Love it.
Hugs Carola

Joan said...

Fab tag Avril, love that textured background


Joan

Pamellia said...

Beautiful tag, so perfect for spring! So much texture and the bright blue sky background makes me long for spring to start. Beautiful blossom and the sentiment is my favourite quote! hugs :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your grungy background is a work of art Avril, I love that technique. How you have coloured it to replicate your inspiration of the blue skies fits perfectly with the pink blossom. Stunning tag creation!
Creative wishes for a Happy Spring Tracey xx

aussie aNNie said...

A really stunning tag Avril, I am loving the soft colours used too.x💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Linda said...

Gorgeous tag .... I love the spring colours and the texture looks amazing. Must give that technique a try .... thanks for sharing xx

sally said...

Spring.....I think it might gave been today! This fits the day we had here to a T!

Sally xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

This is beautiful tag, Avril, love the texture and colors! Almost finished with my project for you, will email you next week, happy weekend wishes to you xoxo.

Mrs A. said...

What a beauty your tags is. I just wish that Spring would finally decide to stay put. Until then I will sit and look at your pretty tag. Hugs Mrs A.

Shirley said...

Love the messy grungy background Avril it looks so shabby chic but once the flower and quote was added everything came together beautifully.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsArtwork.