Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 11 November 2018

Resisting for Christmas

It's time for a new challenge at Fashionable Stamping and for this month the theme is 'Resist' - and we'd love to see some form of 'resist' stamping.

November gave me the wake up call to start some Christmas cards and for this one I've used  'the Gent' from Tim Holtz Deco Christmas.  He was stamped in Black Archival ink and embossed with Clear EP.  Next I stamped the greeting with VersaMark and again heat embossed with Silver EP.
The snowflakes were then stamped with VersaMark and embossed with White EP.

I masked off the bottom section and then blended Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans Distress Inks for the sky.  I then used a soft tissue to remove the ink from the embossed areas. before creating a little background scene with masking and stamping.

The rest of the Design team have some great inspiration for you so please pop over to the main blog, where you will also find all the challenge details.  We also have Ink Art Designs as our sponsor and one lucky random winner will receive a stamp from the online store.

I am entering this at
  Stamping Sensations - Get Ready for Christmas
  Cards4Guyz - Winter Blues

This is a schedule post as we're due back from holiday tomorrow and I'll catch up with you soon.
Have a great day, Avril xx

24 comments:

Mrs A. said...

You have created a beautiful nostalgic looking card with TH stamp taking centre stage. Hope you had a lovely time. Hugs Mrs A.

pinky said...

Love your card Avril. Will have to give this a go.

Cath Wilson said...

Wonderful design, Avril. I love the skyline stamping... stunning work and my all time favourite technique. May have to dust off the iron, lol ;-)

Cath x

brenda said...

He's a very earnest looking fellow and stands out very nicely against your blue snowy background Avril, great resisit stamping as well.

B x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors and design!! The way you removed some of the ink around him really makes him stand out!! I hope you are having a wonderful trip!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Words and Pictures said...

What a beautiful wintry scene - I love that chap striding through the snow, and the shimmering snowflakes in the soft blended sky are lovely.
Alison x

Paper Profusion said...

Fantastic card Avril. Your chap really pops against your beautiful background with such lovely touches. I'm mortified to say I have this stamp yet have never inked it up. Note to self to get going on it! Hope you've had a super trip. Nicola x

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful and traditional background scene for your fabulous card.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Love the card Avril. You used so many cool techniques to make it. Hugs-Erika

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Avril, I cannot resist your art piece, why, it's the piece de resistance! Hahaha Lovely, doable, theme you've chosen and a wonderful make! I hope to fit some of the technique into my current backlog of projects. xoxo

Janette said...

Love this, that image is so 'Dickens' and so Christmas, fabulous card I love it.It is always a scare when November seems to be rolling out in front of you, time to get skates on I think...happy day...xx

Linda said...

I love this stamp set and I love your card too. The wintry sky is just perfect. xx

Leanne Harris said...

A beautiful Christmas card Avril, I've just got to get my hands on this stamp set! xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you blended the blue to white and the touches of sparkle from the embossing look so pretty 😁. I hope you've had a lovely weekend, sorry I haven't visited earlier we had an unexpected surprise with friends visiting so I now have a lot of blogging to catch up on ...lol 😉. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

Caty said...

What a so Gorgeous card Avril !! I love love it with the so beautiful snowflakes, this tamped man, and the scene of the background. Love this amazing sky!! Really great !
I wish you a nice trip, and a happy day. Big hugs, Caty

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Avril, I hope you have had a wonderful holiday. I haven't even started with xmas cards yet, so well done on making a start. The stamps are gorgeous.
Dot x
Ink Art Designs

brenda said...

Just seen you have linked up to Stamping Sensations Avril, so popped back to thank you for joining us this month.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A fabulous card Avril and the chap looks like he's on a real mission. Lovely clean stamping and superb blending too. Thank you for joining us in our 'Get Ready For Christmas' theme challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love the snow scene you created for your young man! Chrisx

Jane Willis said...

A beautiful scene, that silhouette stamp is amazing and you've put the whole thing together wonderfully. Thank you for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Hanne's Kartenstube said...

Hi Avril, this is a very nice coloured card, I like it very much.
Crafty Hugs
hanne

Viv said...

Lovely vintage style card Avril and many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Soooo beautiful, Avril. Love it!
Hugs Carola

Pia S said...

I love the stamps you’ve used. The silhouette is nostalgic, reminds me of the Charles Dickens Christmas stories. Beautiful!