Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 10 November 2019

Fragrant Poppies

Hello,  I really need to be making a start on some Christmas cards!  I did have a little time yesterday and made a start sifting through the Christmas stamps and deciding which ones to use and then realised I'd made such a mess there was no space to do anything, anyhow, while  tidying up I came across this card that was made a few weeks ago, but never blogged - and now seemed like a good time.

The background was made following a technique in Craft Stamper a couple of years ago - a piece of fern laid on cardstock and then spritzed with distress stain - I think this article had also used the beetroot juice!  When dry, remove the fern which had acted like a mask, you can just make out the white fern shape beneath the poppy.  I've also splattered some other inks too.  The sentiment is from the same AALL & Create set.

Thanks for calling in and I'll be around soon to catch up.

Avril xx

12 comments:

brenda said...

Just beautiful Avril, I'm rather into Aall and Create as well.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, elegant and beautiful. Hugs, Valerie

Viv said...

Lovely Avril. x

Meggymay said...

It is a beautiful poppy stamp Avril, the sentiments you added were lovely as well.
Yvonne xx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love the beautiful stamp and Tracy is absolutely brilliant at showing different techniques with her stamps-like the sound of the fern leaf as a mask
Carol x

Janette said...

Avril it's beautiful and I love poppies so much especially today. Xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is a beautiful card! Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

This is fabulous Avril. What a cool stamped image! Hugs-Erika

Linda said...

Just one word ...... Beautiful! xx

Leanne Harris said...

Perfect xxxxx

sally said...

Love it! I remember using leaves & ferns as masks wheni did some of the art whilst I was doing my City & Guilds in creative embroidery, great fun.

Sally xx

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning - the splattered background allows the magnificent poppy to shine. I'm not going to be able to resist those stamps for very much longer!
Alison x