Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 27 April 2021

Inspired by a Song at Try it on Tuesday

 



The new challenge at Try it on Tuesday is Inspired by a Song and I think you'll guess the song that inspired my journal page,  'Imagine'  by John Lennon.
I always think 'Freya' is such a dreamy image and I can just imagine her sitting in the garden surrounded by flowers lost in her daydream.  I've used a blend of soft colours through and ALL&Creat stencil after masking off the flowers and Freya. 

The rest of the Design Team have been very creative with their songs, so please pop over to the main blog for all the details.

I am also joining in over a Art Journal Journey where this months theme is Inspired By which had been picked by Eileen and is now hosted by Erika and Chris in her memory.

Thanks for calling in, I do appreciate it, especially as I must be the worst blogger, but a tiny girl and boy are such a joy to be around and I'm more than willing to be a 'hands on' Grandma helping out even if it doesn't leave much 'free' time.
Avril xx



18 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! Love your song choice and the image is perfect, with her expression she looks like she is lost in her imagination whilst she listens to the lyrics of the song - amazing 😀. Enjoy the twins, the time spent with them is so precious! Take care and happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Janette said...

Stunning Avril and such a wonderful song too.
Defo prefer being a good gran/nan, its the best of times for sure, enjoy Avril.xx

My name is Erika. said...

I like how you put this pretty card to a John Lennon song Avril. They (the song and the art) work together so well. I love that pastel background too. Thanks for joining us at AJJ also. Much appreciated. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

That is one of my favorite songs ever Avril! LOVE your image among the flowers.. stunning! Have a fantastic week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous image and journal page, and I LOVE that song from John Lennon. Have a wonderful week, hugs, Valerie

sally said...

A favourite song of mine, the page you have created fits perfectly:-)

Sally xx

Sandy said...

I love that song - I am singing it in my mind right now. Your card reflects the song perfectly. Well done Avril! I've always thought of myself as a dreamer. That is certainly true when it comes to making cards!!!
Sandy xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous page Avril - I think I know how she feels. I love the colours you have used for the flowers.
Babies or free time? - I think you've made a good choice - enjoy your time with them! Hugs, Chrisx

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful card and image love the stencilling too.You have chosen two babies over blogging??? I totally agree they are not babies long and you have to enjoy them while you can before they become stroppy teenagers lol
Carol x

Joan said...

Love this Avril, beautiful face and love the muted colours. I love the words of this song

Joan x

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a great song from John Lennon.
I like your art.

Enjoy your Grandchildren - special times.

All the best Jan

Meggymay said...

A favourite song of mine as well Avril, you created a beautiful page. Now I am humming that tune. Enjoy your time with the twins they must give you such joy to see them often.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

sirkkis said...

Lovely page full of compassion and beauty.
Have a happy day and the rest of April xx

Marjut said...

Beautiful page, fantastic song choice.
Have a nice week

Aimeslee Winans said...

Avril, I'm just thankful we do get posts from you still, as I can only Imagine (heehee) the joy you have with your wee Gkids. Your page is lovely. Freya, hmmm. Is this a da Vinci woman? The name is familiar but can't for certain place her. She is very lovely. XOX

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never been much of a Beatle fan (sorry), but I love this song by John Lennon. and your image is awesome, too. I like the background and theflowers of course. It's also a perfect addition for Art Journal Journey honoring Eileen's theme. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jhone Harry said...

hy

Jhone Harry said...

Hi there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading through your articles. paint by numbers custom