Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 28 May 2024

Emboss It at Try it on Tuesday


Our new challenge at TioT this fortnight is all about Embossing , what kind of embossing is up to you.
I used texture paste through a Tim Holtz stencil on an ink blended background. When the paste was completely dry I replaced the stencil and coloured over the flowers using Oxide inks.
I added some die cut flowers coloured with Picked Raspberry, over a heat embossed A&C  topper and a heat embossed birthday sentiment to finish.
The rest of the team have been very creative with their embossing, so please pop over to TioT's where you will find all the challenge details.
 Extra Grandma duties lately have kept me out of the craft room and at almost three and a half, the twins are so full of energy and curiosity I'm exhausted when they go home, but I wouldn't change anything, not even the finger prodding my nose at 6.30 on a Wednesday morning to wake me up after Tuesday's sleepover!
Thanks for calling in,
Avril x


 

10 comments:

brenda said...

The texture paste with the colour paid over looks really beautiful Avril, I've never tried it that way, usually spray over, but will certainly give it a go as it achieved such a soft finish.

B x

My name is Erika. said...

This is a gorgeous spring card Avril. I love the idea of embossing with texture paste. I don't know why I didn't think of that one. :) Hope all is well with you. hugs-Erika

Viv said...

Have coveted that TH stencil for a while Avril and am even more determined now to get it!
A beautiful card. x

Meggymay said...

I love the soft colours of this beautiful card Avril and the style of embossing you added.
Yvonne

Joan said...

Beautiful card Avril, love how you coloured the embossed areas with those lovely delicate colours

Joan x

ps. I get poked in the nose most morning by a cat !

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and embossing,love the die-cut flowers.
Carol x

Janette said...

Beautiful card Avril, I love the stencilling its so very pretty.
I can't believe the twins are now three and a half, wow that flew, well from where I sit anyway, not so sure mum and dad would agree, haha. Enjoy .xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! The pinks and blues are so dreamy together and I love how you incorporated the embossed flowers - amazing 😊. Enjoy your extra Grandma duties, they grow up so fast and I can't believe that they are 3 1/2 already - wow, time flies ❤️. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely card.

The twins are almost three and a half now!!! Time flies doesn't it!
Keep enjoying your Grandma duties.

All the best Jan

Pauline C said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Avril, your texture paste stencilling looks fabulous and the die cut flowers really pop .. I love them!!
Pauline xx