Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 11 June 2024

Use Book Pages at TioT


It's time for a new challenge over at Try it on Tuesday and this fortnight we are asking you to Use Book Pages.

I love journal pages, but don't always seem to have the time these days, so this was a pleasure for me, which gave me my inspiration.  I've covered the page with torn book pages and then gave them a watery Gesso covering.  I used a couple of Oxide sprays and then Distress crayon in Shaded Lilac. My focal point is layers of music paper, book page with a little torn corrugated paper in between, muslin and flowers.  Cut apart words edged in lilac to finish.
The rest of the team have been very creative, so please visit the challenge page and take a look, and you'll also find all the challenge details.

Avril xx




 

11 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! Loving the book page background and the flowers look so pretty against the layers that you created - perfect 😊. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

brenda said...

Lots of lovely texture on such a pretty page Avril.

B x

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely page. Anesha

crafty-stamper said...

Great journal page,love the texture,layers and flowers.
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

Wow, what a gorgeous page! I so love the colors and what a beautiful quote too! Thanks for having me along in the challenge!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Avril, love the soft feel it has and love words. Hugs Janette xx

Joan said...

It’s a beautiful page Avril,,lovely layers and pretty colours, love it.

Joan x

My name is Erika. said...

I can tell you enjoyed making this journal page Avril. One of these days you will have more time to play, but for now, it's important to enjoy it when you have some time-right? This is really lovely. hugs-Erika

Linby said...

It's a beautiful page, very inspiring.

Meggymay said...

A beautiful journal page Avril, I love how you layered the flower images on the book print and I liked your list of pleasures as well.
Yvonne

Janette said...

I don't know how I keep missing my favourite blog post, this is lovely and I love the theme Avril. xx