Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 6 August 2024

Keep it Simple at TioT

 

Keep It Simple is the new challenge at Try it on Tuesday this fortnight.  I don't know about you, but I often think does it need something else, so restrain this time

I've used Lupin from Lavinia, coloured with pencils and masked him before adding a flourish stencil.  I added some grass, but wondered afterwards if it was necessary, see what I mean about restraint.

The rest of the DT are showing some great samples, so pleased pop over to TioT's main page, where you will also find all the challenge details.

It's Grandma duties today and tomorrow with a sleepover tonight.  I've promised we can make biscuits, the hard part of that is getting them NOT to eat them as soon as the come out of the oven!

Thanks for calling in, Avril x


12 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous card! I know what you mean about restraint, my project was the second one I created as I couldn't resist adding details on my first idea ...lol 😊. Loving your hare sat amongst the grass and swirls - beautiful 😊. Happy August! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

I love the bunny Avril. I wonder what he's thinking about. Hope you've had a great start to August, hugs-Erika

Chris said...

Gorgeous stamps and beautiful design Avril. I know exactly what you mean about restraint- CAS cards are tricky!
Have a lovely time with the twins, bet they can't wait for a sleepover at Grandma's -and biscuit baking as well! I really miss those days when my grandchildren were small and seeing them tucked up and sound asleep in my spare bedroom. Happy days. xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Avril! I'm just trying to catch up LOL hugs xx

Janette said...

Beautiful card, love the image and gorgeous stencilling.
Oh how lovely to have the babes and the baking is just the best, enjoy while you can Avril. xx

brenda said...

Yep, know just what you mean but think the balance is just right here.

B x

Pauline C said...

Love the balance on this CAS card, and great natural colour scheme with Lupin. I am totally guilty of never knowing when to leave it alone so CAS is my biggest challenge!!
Pauline xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I have to really concentrate when keeping things simple as I too will just keep on adding!! This really is so beautiful and I'd say you stopped at exactly the right time, hugs,Chrisx

Meggymay said...

I know what you mean about adding just a little something else Avril. Its a fantastic card with a realy delightful, sweet image.
Yvonne

Viv said...

I like the grass! Great card as always Avril!

MELODY JACOB said...

Your "Keep It Simple" challenge piece is beautifully restrained and elegant. The use of Lupin from Lavinia with just the right amount of detail really captures the essence of the theme. I agree, sometimes less is more, and your card is a perfect example of that.

Enjoy your Grandma duties and the sleepover! Baking biscuits sounds like a fun activity, and I'm sure they'll be a hit fresh out of the oven.

I just posted a new blog post at www.melodyjacob.com. I invite you to read. Thank you!

Trina P. said...

Adorable birthday card. Beautifully coloured and onderful stencilling.