Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 25 July 2010

The Project

I have been thinking about a 'word book' for a while now, I suppose I just needed an opportunity. I had made a card for my daughters birthday already, but because its a 'special' birthday, I thought I would actually do it this time.

As a little girl she loved Sara Kay and Holly Hobby images (bedding, wallpaper, books etc.) so a good opportunity to use these stamps. I wasn't sure about sizes, so just played about with the various sizes of the card to fit her name, I think it worked out quite well and I'm really pleased with the end result!


















I inked and distressed all the card and paper edges. The papers are MME Wild Asparagus, the sentiments I found on the Internet, along with the the alphabet.
I used my Retro punch for the flowers so that they would lie flat.


When I finished this card, I thought I would use up some of the papers and image and enter the Simon Says Challenge which is a sketch this week.



It also fits the Papertake Weekly challenge - Cute

If your still with me after this marathon, thanks for looking.

Avril

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Avril! This is a stunning piece of work - you can see the love and care that has gone into making it. I'm sure your daughter will treasure it forever. Absolutely beautiful xxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Avril, beautiful colours and sweet images.
luv
Debby

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is such a cool idea!! I LOVE it! Definitely a keeper!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah