Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Monday 9 March 2015

Saturday Workshop and a few more pictures

Hi, had a really good afternoon on Saturday, along with my friends Diane  and Yvonne (Meggmay) and this is the Beeswax Canvas that was made at the Hels Sheridan Workshop at Crafty Corner, South Shields.
It started with a plain box canvas base, pieces of patterned papers, distress inks,  random stamping, and  a choice of quotes.  Covering with beeswax,  and them embellishing  and adding a flower we made at the beginning of the session.
Although we all had the same ingredients, the finished results were all different.
Our three canvases -


I am entering mine at:
  Mixed Media World - Anything Goes

Some more pictures from India
  The Taj Mahal at sunset taken from gardens across he river, and yes, it does go the most beautiful pink colour.
This is Fatehpur Sikri, a red sandstone city built in the 16th century which was abandoned 8 years after it was built, when the local wells went dry.                                                                                                


This is the City Palace in Jaipur, and although we weren't allowed photos in some of the rooms the buildings more than made up for that.

 I labeled one of the photos wrongly in the previous post, this is actually the Hall of Mirrors, where apparently 1 candle will light the whole of the room, and if you look closely it us made up of mirror mosaic tiles


 Carved arches in one of the many Palace rooms.

I think this 'guy' thought he was a local celibrity!

 If you look in the distance on the left, you will see an elephant amongst the busy traffic on an ordinary road.


That's it for today,  hope you enjoyed the photos.

Avril xx























20 comments:

Pamellia said...

Sounds like you had a great day with the girls! It's nice to have crafty friends to play with! Love the big blossom, so fabulous! Gorgeous photos too! hugs :)

Mrs A. said...

I wanna make one of these ASAP!! Love all three. Hugs Mrs A.

sirkkis said...

Gorgeous artpieces, Avril.
And thanks for sharing your great interesting photos.
Have a happy day,
hugs xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the canvases you made, and the photos are wonderful. The local celebrity really is a star, and how fun to see an elephant coming down the road! I am sure you have more photos to show.... Hugs, Valerie

Terry said...

Oh how that flower just pops with gorgeousness! Beautiful projects from the three of you. I just love the effect. How fun to have time with crafty blogging friends! Hugs!

Meggymay said...

As I said on Saturday, I think your canvas looks gorgeous. It was a great day out.
Loving the photos , I know you have a lot more to share.
Yvonne xx

Margik said...

Very interesting workshop, those canvases are fabulous. And wonderful photos, I specially love the first one, the Taj Mahal looks fantastic, thanks for sharing, Avril.
Hugs, Mar

sally said...

Love the Saturday workshop results! I love those flowers :-)

Seeing the indoor shots of the palace/fort reminds me of the Alhambra in Granada - I've been twice & would go back again.

Sally

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Lovely canvases and such nice pictures from your holiday!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Stunning canvases,really beautiful and feminine
Loving the holiday photos too ;)
Thanks for joining us at MMW and good luck
Big hugs
Donna xxx

Linda said...

Looks like you had a fab workshop, your canvas is beautiful. Great holiday pics too. xx

Pia S said...

I was studying the photo of your card before I read your text and I was wondering how you managed the give the surface such a smooth look. Now I know! Your cards are truly beautiful. Great holiday pics as well:)

froebelsternchen said...

Your canvas is awesome.. and the phopts are great! Thank you for sharing!
xxx
Susi

experiments in paper said...

Beautiful canvases - so fun to see the different approaches the three of you took! I love the look that the beeswax gives. Your photos are stunning and so inspirational - the intricate motifs and designs are incredible! Thanks for sharing, and thanks also for your visit....I love snooping around too :-) xx Lynn

Joan said...

The canvases are beautiful Avril and I love your holiday photos too. After our little chat today I really will have to get that meltpot out of it's packaging!

Joan

Brenda Brown said...

A gorgeous canvas Avril and wonderful design. I loved looking through your photos, India is a place I have never been so thanks for sharing.
Have a great weekend.
hugs Brenda xxxx

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely canvases - looks like you had a really creative day...

And, oh my word, what amazing photos from your Indian adventure - stunning architecture and great street scenes. Since you say these are "more" pictures... I'm off to scroll for the rest!!
Alison xx

Sandy said...

Sorry I haven't been around Avril - we are in the middle of a move.
Your make is gorgeous and I do love those flowers.
Fantastic pictures - what an exciting trip! I am pea green with envy!!
Sandy xx

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Wow, Avril, I just loved all of them. Some lovely time with crafty friends is such a booster! Nice pictures of your India Trip, thanks for sharing. When did you come to India? Hugs.

Unknown said...

Beautiful canvas, I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media World xx