Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Try Something New for TioT

Hello, I've made my first Christmas card this year!  Well, the new challenge at Try it on Tuesday is 'Try Something New' - now that could be new stash/new technique - whatever as long as it's new and you tell us what the 'new' is.
I've used one of the Tim Holtz Holiday Knits rubber stamps, I picked them up at a local craft fair for £8 and they were new, such a bargain.  I've also used a new Tim Holtz Thinlits Blueprint Snowman, thanks Diane for letting me use it first.  His 'broom' is a new technique for me - Pamellia our very talented teamie did a little tutorial (probably last year) on making winter greens with a fringed die and this is my 'take' thanks Pamellia.
So lots of 'new' on my card, I need to think about making the rest now.
The rest of the DT have some fabulous 'new' things to show you, so please pop over to the main blog.
I'm sure you all have lots of 'new stuff' so why not show us and join in with this challenge.
I'm entering the following challenges:
  Holly Jolly Christmas - Use a Die
 
Have a great week,
Avril xx

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card, good to get started early! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Terrific card and I love the snowman.

Chrissie xx

brenda said...

A super Christmas card Avril, really like the Nordic feel to the backing and the snowman's broom is very realistic.

B x

froebelsternchen said...

A super lovly card Avril!

sirkkis said...

Beautiful card. It's brilliant to start making Christmas cards already now!
Have a great day, Avril xx

sally said...

A fun card & a bargain to boot, lucky you!

Sally

pearshapedcrafting said...

WowAvril! I love this - it looks just like Christmas should! Hugs, Chrisx

Pia S said...

What a great start on this year's Christmas cards! Love the broom and the Nordic style of the background!

Joan said...

Fabulous card Avril and great use of your bargain stamps, love the colours too ,really like the broomstick must see if I can find that tutorial

Joan

Meggymay said...

Avril this is a beautiful Christmas card, love all your new additions.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

The delightful snowman works beautifully against that rich red holiday knit, and the broom is a real treat! Love all your new things on here, and the card is fabulous!
Alison xx

Margik said...

Your first Christmas card is really beautiful, and I love the snowman and fantastic background! Mar xx

Lula said...

Love your card Avril, the snowman and the nordic mood make it just perfect!

Linda said...

What a fab start to your Christmas cards Avril, love the snowman. Xx

Bee and Dee said...

A super Christmas card, lovely colour and layout, love the stamps hugs Bee

Pawsitively Creative said...

This is so inviting and makes me think of a warm fire and hot cocoa. Love that knit stamp and the colors you chose! Wowzers Avril! ~Niki

Paper Profusion said...

The red looks fantastic - terrific card Avril. Nicola x

Terry said...

Your first Christmas card of the year, is a beauty! Love the background and that snowman! Hugs!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

What a lovely card. That background paper reminds me of sweater. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge this week. Good luck.

Lynn, Holly Jolly DT

SewPaperPaint said...

This is just amazing! I want that background stamp so bad! You've really used it well. :)