Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Monday 5 October 2015

Beeswax Playtime



Hi, I really don't want to neglect this little blog - again, but I'm trying to catch up and work ahead with DT projects and I'm also doing a little online 'thing' which I will tell you about shortly,  so I am showing a little experiment I tried a while ago after doing the Melt Pot workshop with Hels Sheridan,  it has been on my desk for quite a while as it was something I enjoyed doing, but wasn't too sure if I should show, but as they say, warts and all!!
I started with a piece of  6" x 4" greyboard, covered it with a piece of pattered canvas paper and a thin coat of gesso.
I used beeswax to add a piece of torn napkin,  my lady was stamped onto a piece of tissue and torn to fit before adding with more beeswax, I also added some tissue music. Everything was given another coat of beeswax before stamping into the hot beeswax corners. A little brushing with  Bronze Perfect Pearls gives it a gorgeous sheen, but made it a nightmare to photo!
I am entering this at:
 Love to Create - Anything Mixed Media
 The Craft Barn - People
 That Craft Place - Anything Mixed Media
 Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting, have a good week,
Avril xx

29 comments:

brenda said...

This is a real stunning piece of artwork Avril, I have never tried using beeswax but it might be time to put that right.

B x

sirkkis said...

Really gorgeous canvas (?). I especially love the woman image, it looks so, so beautiful. Great technique and you did it pefectly.
Have a wonderful week xx

Valerie-Jael said...

It's gorgeous, love it. Hugs, Valerie

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful piece of art, love it!!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVELY work!

chrissie said...

A very beautiful project with amazing ideas I have never heard of before

Love Chrissie xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Such a lovely result Avril....great play with the bees wax!
Greetings, Alie

Fliss said...

This is so beautiful Avril and gorgeous in detail too.
Fliss xx

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous piece Avril, the texture, colours details look awesome.
Yvonne xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Avril! This is gorgeous! Sounds like a fun class with Hels!

Sandra Wright. said...

Wow...absolutely stunning Avril..x

Linda said...

WOW! What a stunning canvas. I've never used the beeswax technique maybe I should give I a go x

Shirley said...

Not sure why you were reticent about showing this gorgeous piece Avril as it is a stunner. You have used every technique that I love and displayed the artwork beautifully. Lucky you going to a Hels workshop.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is stunning Avril! The beeswax does give such a lovely effect - you have made me want to get mine warmed up. Chrisx

Sandy said...

What warts!!!! We are our own worst critics you know.
I do hope that you do keep using these techniques. The minute I saw it I knew I liked it --- wonderful. It is more than just saying pretty - it has a lot of depth. Even seeing it this way makes me want to touch it!!!!
Sandy xx

froebelsternchen said...

Gosh! This is just AMAZING Avril!
oxo
Susi

Desire Fourie said...

I am not spotting any warts at all. Its a gorgeous vintage mixed media creation.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Pia S said...

This is such a beauty, love this vintage piece of art. Well done!

Terry said...

I have yet to play with beeswax and after looking at this gorgeous work of art, I must give it a try! Love this! Hugs!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a fabulous piece of artwork Avril, absolutely stunning. I just love everything about it and it makes me realize that I need to start experimenting and being much more adventurous in my card making. Great inspiration, thank you x

Mrs A. said...

This is gorgeous. That beeswax looks amazing. Your making me want to go out and buy a mlt pot. Hugs Mrs A.

Words and Pictures said...

So glad you decided to share this, Avril - I think it's absolutely beautiful. There's something about beeswax which just gives everything a really special softness and beauty.
Alison xx

Craftyfield said...

This gorgeous Avril, I didn't see any warts it just looks distressed and Vintage. Not sure I should be allowed near melted wax but I would love to play with it!

buterfliecrafter said...

amazing work of art

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

WOWSERS - Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

Handcrafted by Ellapu
Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
DT The Mirror Crack'd
DT Anything but a Card

Jane said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Katie said...

Beautiful work and would love to see more of your creations. Thank you for sharing with That Craft Place

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so very gorgeous! Beautifully done!

Rocky said...

This is SO pretty, the beeswax looks amazing. Can't see any warts though, just a lovely picture. Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.