Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Friday 23 October 2015

Doing my Homework

Hello, yes, I'm still here, and when I've had time, I've been doing some homework!                                    
A couple of weeks ago I enrolled on an online course run by Marjie Kemper called Inventive Ink.  I know  I've used Distress inks and stencils and stamping for years, and although I have almost all of the DI colours, a lot of them don't get used - I tend to stick to the same ink colours - boring!                                            
So I decided to enroll and use the course as if I didn't know anything and follow to the letter, AND do my  homework as instructed AND, hopefully get 'a push' to really try my hand at journalling.                            
                   So, here are my first couple of pages following Marjie's course, and on the back of each page  I've made a  note of the ink combinations, just like a good pupil should!                                                                                              


It's a great way of making me use colour and Marjie's a great teacher, so all I need now is a bit more time in the day to finish the course - it's just as well it's downloaded and you can view anytime!

Thanks for your visit today, ( just did a preview and I'm right - typing is a bit 'higgledy piggledy' - sorry)  Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

22 comments:

chrissie said...

These are wonderful and what a great idea to go a course

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

These are all stunning Avril. The colour and images built up in the backgrounds is fabulous. look forward to seeing more of your homework.
Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

They really are beautiful .... gorgeous use of the inks and blended to perfection. You maybe to enrolled on this course but it is your own style which shines through on all of those pieces.
Marjie is such an amazing (and lovely) artist. Such a clever idea to note the details on the back of the artwork.
Wishes
Lynne

pearshapedcrafting said...

These pages are wonderful Avril! I love Marjie's art so I am quite jealous! You certainly are using some brilliant colour combos - good idea to keep notes on the back! Have a great weekend! Chrisx

brenda said...

Super creations Avril and lush colours, hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Amanda said...

Great homework!!
Love
Amanda x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous pieces, both of them Avril!! You did Marjie proud with your homework! Such a great course is n't! Love your two pieces here!!

Linda said...

10/10 Top of the Class! Well done on the homework ..... great journal pages. Love the colours .... I must admit I always tend to use my favourite Distress inks but it's a good idea to go out of your comfort zone now and then .... I think I'll give it a go! Have a great weekend xx

aussie aNNie said...

Classy and Beautiful with the most gorgeous colour combo's.. ♥
{The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

Terry said...

You get an "A" for such amazing homework! Beautiful inky projects and the colors are so pretty and anything but boring! I think we all run to our favorite colors! Hugs!

sally said...

Lovely colours for these and you are right that she is an excellent tutor! I miss going to classes for the ideas that get sparked so I say thank goodness for other people's blogs & Pinterest!

Sally

Judith said...

These are fabulous Avril - i know what you mean abour using the same colours over and over and getting in a rut - it definitely doe you good to have a complete change. When I was asked to join the spectrum Noir design team earlier this year it totally shook up my crafting going from my familiar Copic and Prismacolor pencil colour combos to a system I had only used only a few of - got me thinking outside the box and using different colours - even back to watercolours which is where I started out - it's a funny old journey this crafting thing!! hugs Judith xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Wow, these are amazing Avril and you've achieved such a great depth of colour. I always feel inspired by your works of art and can't ever say that the colours that you've used were boring. I'm always looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations :)

Christine L said...

Definitely an A+ for your homework here Avril..... REALLY LOVE the use of colour on these pages... blended so well together!

Hugs
Christine x

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning colours, Avril - and gorgeous pages from Marjie's inspiration. I also signed up for the course, but haven't had a chance to follow it yet... I'm saving it for a rainy day (or ten!).
Alison xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Wow....great colourful cards ... they all look so nice Avril!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous projects Avril! Your backgrounds look amazing! Hope you have a great week!

Pia S said...

Doing courses sounds like a great idea, I should perhaps enroll too. I use inks but I'm at a really basic level... The color combos are lovely, not ones I'd think of using, but they're gorgeous!

Nikki Acton said...

Wonderful work Avril, great colours and layouts xx

Paper Profusion said...

WOW Avril - these are exceptional! Love the hues and inky layers. Beautiful work. Nicola x

Little Artbee said...

Three nice artworks you created dear Avril. I like the combination of stencils and stamps and the lovely colors.All is very balanced.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Shirley said...

More stunning pages Avril you are certainly making good use of the course. Love them.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.