Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Monday 29 July 2019

Blue Lace


Things have been a bit quite around here - just to hot to even think about crafting, so I'm sharing something a little bit different today, a card made for my cousin's 60th Birthday a couple of weeks ago.  Although I often add die cuts, not stamping and just die cutting always seems so 'un me',  but for this occasion I felt the card was right.

I cut the Intricate Lace die in white card and embossed with Iron Oxide Embossing powder, it has gorgeous little sparkles of silver included, which of course doesn't show in the photo.
I layered it over navy cardstock and added Wildflower stems coloured with Abandoned Coral.  I even die cut the sentiment, although by this photo, I think I need a bit more practice with the placement!

We've had rain and grey skies for the last three days, so things have definitely cooled down - back to normal I suppose.
Thanks for calling in,
Avril xx


10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, love the lace and flowers. Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful lace die cut Avril, your cousin will love this beautiful card.
Yvonne xx

Lisa said...

This is so stunning!! The background looks amazing!! I love the pretty flowers!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

My name is Erika. said...

That lace cut out background is really gorgeous and you used it to make a gorgeous card Avril. Hugs-Erika

Marjut said...

So beautiful!

Janette said...

That lace die is so pretty Avril, what a lovely card.xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Stunning card! I love the lace cut out with the embossing powder - perfect 😁. I hope you are having a lovely week, we've just had lumps of ice raining down and thunder and lightning - what strange weather ...lol 😉. Creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Lowcarb team member said...

A beautiful card.

All the best Jan

Caty said...

This is an Amazing Birthday ´s card Avril !! I loove it, the design is spectacular, love the attractive flowers. Your cousin will love it for sure.
I wish you a very nice Friday, and happy month,and send you big hugs,
Caty

Words and Pictures said...

I think when the die-cuts are as fabulous as this, you can be completely forgiven! This works beautifully - and those Tim Holtz wildflowers look great in the coral.
Alison x