Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 7 July 2020

Use Book Pages at Try it on Tuesday


The new challenge at Try it on Tuesday is to Use Book Pages. 

I've used my new ALL & Create stunning 'Bird of Paradise' image, along with some of the words from the set to create my page.  The gessoed background was stamped with Circled numbers in Versamark and heat embossed with White before spraying with  inks and dabbing with a Baby wipe to move the colour and then adding my fussy cut image.  I've torn 'instructions' from a very old gardening book to complete the page.

The rest of the Design Team have some great inspiration for using book pages, so please pop over to the main blog, where you will find all the challenge details.

As my page features a plant that requires heat/hot countries and is native in South Africa, I am entering at Art Journal Journey  where Erika has chosen WHEN  IT'S  HOT as this months theme.

I'can't believe it's two weeks since I last blogged,  I don't know where the time has gone and what little time I've had in the craft room I've been playing with my new goodies, which on the good side has given my mojo a bit of a boost.

Hope to catch up with you soon,
Avril xx


21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page Avril, love the image, looks so elegant with the lines of text. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! I love how you used the torn instructions from your old book pages as part of your design and those tropical flowers look amazing 😁. Happy July and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Marjut said...

Beautiful page, lovely colours.

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful image Avril and a super idea to add the torn instructions from an old gardening book.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Meggymay said...

I forgot to say thank you for linking your fantastic page with Erika's theme over at Art Journal Journey its a super take on the theme.
Yvonne xx

Viv said...

Oooooo gorgeous stamp! Might have to add that to the collection!!
Lovely page Avril! xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous art journal spread! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Bird of Paradise (my favorite flower!) and how you used your book pages for this one! ((HUGS)) Helen

My name is Erika. said...

That bird of paradise image is gorgeous. I haven't seen that one. And I really like how you used it on your page with the book pages for TIOT. And also it works perfectly for the When It's Hot challenge at AJJ. Thanks so much for joining along. Hope you day is going well. Hugs-Erika

sirkkis said...

Sweet page and words.
Have a happy evening xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful journal page and image -great background and love the strips of book pages
Carol x

Pia S said...

How beautiful! The flower and the torn words from a book go well together.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a wonderful page. The flower is a beauty and I love how you have used your book pages! The time is whizzing by here too! Take care, Hugs, Chrisx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and my bird of paradise are in flower at the moment..x

Joan said...

Lovely page Avril, gorgeous flower and I love how you added the instruction from the garden book

Joan x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I finally got back online late last night after nearly three days without internet and am now playing catch-up. I haven't seen a Bird of Paradise since I went to California a few years ago. This is a lovely addition. The idea of using the old gardening book is brilliant. Thanks, too, for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Erika's theme.

Neet said...

That is a lovely page and using one of my favourite stamps by Tracy Evans. Lovely to see it used in this way in a journal.
Reminds me of visits to California where they just seemed to grow in the street in Encinitas.
Hugs, Neet xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is beautiful Avril, the bird of paradise is a stunning flower with it's warm colour which pops on your gesso'd page. The book page instructions make a grand addition, how wonderful would it be if we could plant our dreams...
Hugs Tracey xx

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a beautiful page, and I do like the way you have used torn instructions from your old book pages as part of the design.
The colours are nice too.

Happy July Wishes.

All the best Jan

Janette said...

Really gorgeous Avril.xx

Fiona said...

I love that stamp - and the gorgeous vivid colours - thank you for having me as your Guest Designer this week - it was an honour.

Words and Pictures said...

I love those book page fragments - and the page has such summertime warmth to it - lovely.
Alison x