Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 23 June 2020

We're Creating a Scene at Try it on Tuesday


The new challenge this fortnight at Try it on Tuesday is Create a Scene.

I've been doing some reorganising while my inspiration is on walkabout and was feeling a bit guilty for the lack of inking with some of my older stamps, so this was the perfect opportunity.  I've used a very old Hampton Art Stamp, there's actually has a black border around the image, which I masked off so she could be sitting in a peaceful countryside, of course dressed like that, she's just taking a break from the party she's hosting in the Manor House!  A few extra lines added to my arched window and we have the corner of a building surrounded by trees and foliage and inked rolling hills.

We'd love to see your choice of scene, so please pop over to the main blog where you will find all the challenge details and see some fabulous inspiration from the DT.

Have a great day,
Avril x

  

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your beautiful lady in this great setting, you put her in scene wonderfully. Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card and scene. It would be a great party held in a manor house with the lovely scenery to enjoy.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

Beautifully masked, Avril. This is so elegant! It's a cracking little scene and the border around it frames it perfectly. Nice bit of inking on the 'corner'. Love it.
Cath x

Helen said...

Beautiful Avril! Your stamped lady looks so peaceful sitting in her garden! Just gorgeous! ((HUGS)) Helen

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Avril! This is fabulous (or should I say "Absolutely fabulous Dahling"? Brilliant use of masking and a lovely story behind this! Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

I had to smile when I saw this as I just bought that stamp (used) off of eBay. I do really like that lady, and I like the scene you used her in. Hope all is well Avril. Hugs-Erika

Aimeslee Winans said...

Avril, this is a scrumptious scene! She does look like she is taking a hostess breather. Or, she could be waiting for a certain conversation partner, heehee. Love how you adjusted your stamp to fit! XOX

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful scence you created.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such a beautiful scene! I love how you positioned the pretty lady on the wall overlooking the gardens of the manor house - amazing 😁. You masked the black border perfectly, I love it! Wishing you a wonderful week and I hope you are enjoying the sunshine once again! Hugs Jo x

Mrs A. said...

What a perfect iddilic scene you have created and perfectly coloured too. Who needs MoJo. Give her the sack.! Hugs Mrs A.

Janette said...

I think you created a beautiful scene Avril, and I love the stamp you used, she is super pretty isn't she.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning most beautiful scene and gorgeous lady.xx

Words and Pictures said...

What an absolutely lovely stamp, Avril, and you've brought it to life with your colouring beautifully. Subtle and elegant - and so very pretty.
Alison x

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Joan said...

Beautiful scene Avril and love your pretty lady.


Joan

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card and image love the beautiful scene you created ---and the story too-great post
Carol x

Lowcarb team member said...

What a fabulous setting for your lovely lady.
I like it :)

All the best Jan

Linda said...

This is beautiful ..... a gorgeous summer scene xx

Leanne Harris said...

What a gorgeous make Avril, you've created a fabulous scene and I love it when old stamps come out to be used again. Hope you are keeping well, sending my love xxxxx