Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 16 June 2020

Summer Time

The last week we have seen a lot of grey skies so I thought I'd create my own Summer Time and join in over at Art Journal Journey where the theme this month is 'A Stitch in Time' chosen by Halle, a great theme as you can use either time related or stitching or both.  I've used 'Summer Time' and some faux stitching.

My image was coloured with Distress Crayons and then I used Scattered Straw and Tumbled Glass Distress spray inks to colour the background, as shown by Tim in one of his recent Saturday videos.
I used some little alphabet peg stamps on my 'label' with faux stitching.

I can't say I've been very productive/creative lately, and I've been a terrible blogger, I really must give myself a good talking to - I've just had a little spend - an early birthday present to myself, so I'm hoping that when they arrive Mr Mojo might make an appearance too.

Have a great day whatever you're doing.
Avril xx






21 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

This is one stunning card Avril, very pretty.xx

Anke said...

Wonderful summer card, Avril.

Hugs
Anke

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page Avril, nice interpretation of the theme. Here it's warm and muggy and we're still hoping to get some rain! Hugs, Valerie

Viv said...

A lovely journal page Avril - my Mojo appears to have gone on holiday with yours! x

nwilliams6 said...

I really like the fresh feel of your page. New stuff is always a big booster to my MOJO. Can't wait to see what you got and how you use it! I just got some great Alice and Wonderland napkins and can't wait to play with them! Hugz

sirkkis said...

A beautiful and stylish page.
Wishing you good and healthy summer time xx

Janette said...

Beautiful and very sunny Avril, I think we derserve some sunshine don't you, and this certainly fits the bill. Hope your ok, funny times we are living in, take care.xx

My name is Erika. said...

That's a gorgeous summertime view for sure. I like your attitude about creating your own summertime. Those flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining Halle's challenge at AJJ. Hope you are well and enjoying your week. Hugs-Erika

crafty-stamper said...

Great journal page and background-love the flower stamps
Carol x

Halle said...

Really lovely page for A Stitch in Time! The colors are so summery.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A lovely journal page!
Happy day, Elke

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful journal page Avril and thank you for linking to Halle's theme at AJJ.
I love that stamp you used and I think it will be ordered by me soon.
I hope you enjoy your goodies when they get to you.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your art journal page is absolutely beautiful. And I love your theme and faux stitching, too! Hope all is well with you. (It looks like Mr. Mojo did visit you as this is simply amazing!!!) HUGS!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

brenda said...

It's a super summery card Avril, you'r not alone on the bad blogger element I can join you in the naughty corner.

B x

Neet said...

Lovely card, and I recognise the stamp as being one of Tracy Evans'. It is one of my favourite stamps from her new collection and I love the way you have used and coloured it.
Great background - think I need to watch that to see how to do it, Tim Holtz wasn't it?
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a gorgeous journal page! I love the background with those pretty flowers, you've captured summer time so beautifully 😁. Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Rika said...

Beautiful page!

Caty said...

Woww This is a Gorgeous Art journal page Avril !! I loove the happy colours you have used for the background, great flowers and Happy Summer !!
I wish you a very nice new week,
Big hugs, Caty

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous inky background, and those spidery flowers look amazing against it. A lovely summery page.
Alison x

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice summer card.

All the best Jan