Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 23 January 2024

Add Some Text at Try it on Tuesday




Our new challenge at Try it on Tuesday is  Add Some Text - stamped, printed or hand written, it's up to you.

I wasn't prepared with this challenge and after not crafting for a couple of weeks, I decided to just do 'something' - no pressure if it didn't turn out right  - something for fun!  I've had this image, cut out from a magazine,  for ages and the quote, which |I heard somewhere, always stuck with me, so  I printed the quote out and cut apart.  The background was an experiment I did a while ago with inks and an acrylic block and I thought the colours perfectly suited this girl.  Some hand doodling around the edges and  done!

The rest of the team have some great inspiration for you, so please pop over to the main blog for all the details.

Thanks for calling in,

Avril xx

16 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous quote and design! I love the colours and lady, they match the text so perfectly 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and image,great quote and love the inky background.
Carol x

Janette said...

That quote is fabulous, as is the image of that gorgeous girl. Love your card Avril.xx

Joan said...

This is fabulous Avril and I love the quote!

Joan x

My name is Erika. said...

I think this card looks amazing Avril. I think you're just doing something for fun paid off. I love the snarky quote and this whole card.Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

You are so right - these colours suit this girl perfectly! Great image and even greater quote - love it! Hugs,Chrisx

Linby said...

wow! It's fabulous, love that quote too.

Viv said...

Just a fabulously quirky make Avril and the sentiment is meant for me I think!!!! x

Meggymay said...

A fantastic fun quote Avril and a great image to match it with.
Yvonne

brenda said...

A belated visit and a C&P comment I'm afraid as MS preventing me doing much still, but can at least take a peek at what everyone is creating.

B x

Mrs A. said...

Your card has come together brilliantly. Love your doodling around the edge. Hugs Mrs a.

sally said...

Cracking card! I love the quote too.

Sally xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

No pressure definitely works for me Avril I love it!! Fab that you created this from a background from the past, loving those doodles.. the quote fits like a dream. Creative wishes for 2024 Hugs Tracey x

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a good quote!
Love the card.

All the best Jan

Pia S said...

It’s a bit different than your usual style, but totally awesome, colorful and fun! I think I need to get hold on some magazines and see what I can find, I see many find inspiration from images found in magazines.

Vicky Hayes said...

The quote made me chuckle Avril but your card is also gorgeous visually with those two colours that were made to go together! Vicky x