Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 7 August 2018

Inspired by a Song




Hello, it's time to tell you about the new challenge at Try it on Tuesday, this fortnight the theme is 'Inspired by a Song' and we'd love you to join in and tell us what song inspired your creation.

DD was needing some 'girly' birthday cards and as I'd just watched one of my favourite movies - Pretty Woman I used that song title as my inspiration.  I love this stamp and it's just a shame she hasn't got  a shopping bag as she's walking down the street.

My background is a Sheena Douglas stencil with a  TCW mini daisy, the sentiment is an old Hero Arts stamp, and the main image is from a Dyan Reaveley Couture set of stamps, paper pieced with some hand made paper.

The rest of the team have some great inspiration from songs, so please pop over to the main blog, where you will also find the challenge details.

Thanks for calling in,
Avril xx


16 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

I love the film and I love your tag Avril!
Gorgeous!
Hugs, Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful pretty woman! Hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is brilliant Avril! I love the Pretty Woman film (cry every time!) and I know the song I will be singing today!! Hugs, Chrisx

Meggymay said...

That film is one of my all time favourites Avril. Its a fabulous card and a beautiful 'Pretty Woman' image.
Yvonne xx

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow, this is a super inspiration. Looks great.
Hugs Carola

Caty said...

So wonderful tag Avril !! lovely movie too!! Very happy day to you, big hugss, Caty

sally said...

A great song and it's inspired a great card! Love the colours <3

Sally xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! I love the stencils and your lady looks very stylish walking down the street and I can just imagine her entering one of the shops saying “Big mistake. Big. Huge...” - I love that film too ...lol 😉. I'm going to be singing that song all day now! Happy Tuesday! J 😊 x

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! It's perfect for Pretty Woman (and now I'm singing that song in my head :) I love the beautiful colors and the design!! What a stunning card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Joan said...

Beautiful card Avril, love your pretty woman

Joan x

Crafting Queen said...

This is wonderful!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love this, Avril! You inspired me to play! xoxo

Rosie said...

I love that film also. A wonderful card,

Pia S said...

The background with a building is perfect for this woman to make it appear like she’s walking down the street.

aussie aNNie said...

Pure class and really fabulou...xx

Sandy said...

A very stylish card indeed!
Made me think of my daughter and her children who have been in Paris. She said is was very hot and crowded - she is now in England - will be at the tower of London today - one of our favorite places!
Sandy xx