Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 12 August 2018

It's a Bugs Life at FSC

It's time for a new challenge at Fashionable Stamping and this time we would like to see 'Bugs'.  You can opt for creepy crawlies, butterflies, bees or dragonflies included.

I've used the Tim Holtz large butterfly from the Perspectives set, stamped fussy cut  and coloured with Distress inks.  I added Glossy Accents to the body.

I've been seeing lots of gorgeous cards using the new 3d embossing folders, which prompted me to use one of my old ones,  I've embossed black cardstock through a TH folder and then blended Shaded Lilac Oxide ink over the top.  I stamped 'Special'   from the Postal set of stamps with Shaded Lilac and clear embossed.  The layered sentiment is from Artistic Outpost.

The rest of the DT have some fabulous inspirations for you, so please pop over to the main blog where you will also find all the challenge details of our sponsor Ink Art Designs.

I am entering this at:
  Penny Black and More - I Spy Something Beginning with 'B'  - butterfly and black cardstock

Thanks for calling in, have a great day.
Avril xx

26 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow!! This is so stunning, Avril!! The embossing is amazing!! I love the gorgeous butterfly!! The colors are gorgeous!! And I love the sentiment, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful butterfly card, great theme. Hugs, Valerie

Janette said...

Stunning Avril, what a beautiful project..xx

brenda said...

What a fabulous effect inking the Oxide over the darm embossed cardstock Avril, it makes for a beautiful backdrop to the lovely Butterfly. Another thing I need to try when time allows.

B x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, I love love love this card! The amazing background with the spectacular butterfly looks stunning and the sentiment you chose is perfect 😁. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

Meggymay said...

This is a beautiful colour combination, your butterfly card looks gorgeous Avril.
Yvonne xx

Sandy said...

Wonderful card - I do love the background!
Sandy xx

Mrs A. said...

Wow. Big is good . Being a butterfly is even better and your background using the ef and then colouring looks so impressive. Hugs Mrs A.

Linda said...

Stunning! Love the embossed background, the oxide ink really brings out the design, and that butterfly is one of my all time favourites ....love it! xx

froebelsternchen said...

WOW - that's a simply stunning creation Avril! Brilliant! Hugs, Susi

Amanda said...

Beautiful
Love
Amanda x

Gibby Frogett said...

Beautiful butterfly and card Avril - love the embossed background.
Gill x

Joan said...

Beautiful card Avril, the butterfly is stunning ! I have a couple of 3D folders, not used ! I need to find the "sandwich" to use with them on the
Bigshot or Cuttlebug

Joan x

Paper Profusion said...

Wowsa, this has superb impact!! LOVE the background and clean design. Wonderful card Avril. Nicola x

Let's Art Journal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Let's Art Journal said...

Thanks Avril 😁. Have a great day! J 😊 x

Shirley said...

An absolute stunner Avril plus your centre stage butterfly is just gorgeous sitting on an elegant embossed background.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsArtwork.

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Avril, just saw this challenge on again, love your card and gorgeous background...hugs.x

sally said...

Interesting to read what your background card was as at first glance I thought it might be embossed metal/black paint! Looks great with the butterfly on top.

Sally xx

Leanne Harris said...

This is stunning Avril! A super striking card with that embossing. I do hope that you are keeping well and I send you lots of love, many thanks for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More Challenges. xx

Pia S said...

Love how you treated the black embossed paper, the finish looks amazing, and your butterfly is eyecatching.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this gorgeous textured card! I think I am ready for some more challenges now! I have been so tired!! Hugs, Chrisx

Linby said...

wow - this is a work of art. love the purple against the gunmetal - fantastic card.
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

Hanne's Kartenstube said...

Hi Avril,
Oh, I'm so excited about your card. A very good idea with the punched edge.
Crafty Hugs
Hanne

Ink Art Designs said...

This is such a beautiful butterfly Avril. I love how the oxides look on the black background too, it has a great effect.
Dot x

Words and Pictures said...

Magical shading on the butterfly, and a very cool embossed background - fabulous!
Alison x