Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Friday 10 August 2018

Pink Peony


Hello, a month or so ago I was lucky to win the challenge at PaperBabe and this peony is from the set of stamps that I chose as my prize.

I've stamped the flower and leaves onto watercolour card, fussy cut and coloured with Distress inks.
My background is a piece of textured card, gessoed and coloured with Distress crayons and the colours blended with a baby wipe. I stamped the Crafty Individuals background with Weathered Wood and Dusty Concord.

I'm entering this at:
  Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Distress it

It's quite cool here today, looks like our heatwave is over for now, so maybe normal service can resume in the craft room, my Alcohol Lift ink has just arrived, so I feel a little play is needed.

Avril xx




14 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautifully colored - I love your background!
I know you are glad the heat wave is over - I prefer cooler weather.
Sandy xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card, so beautifully stamped and coloured. Hugs, Valerie

Joan said...

Beautiful card Avril, love the flower and the lovely background (I love that stamp)

Its one extreme to another with the weather, I had to dig out a sweater and I almost put the heating on tonight lol !

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely stamp Avril and fabulous result.xx

Lisa said...

This is so stunning, Avril!! The flower is so beautiful!! I love the background!! The colors are amazing!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

brenda said...

It's a lovely bloom Avril and the subtle coloured and stamped background makes a perfect backdrop for it.

B x

Janette said...

Gorgeous flower so beautifully coloured too...
So far we are still getting warm weather, I thought yesterday we were in for a storm as the clouds gathered, thankfully they passed over and went out to the sea...yay....as long as possible for me, soon enough be winter..xx

Paper Profusion said...

A lovely stamp and even lovelier card Avril. Enjoy your weekend. Nicola x

Meggymay said...

Its a lovely new stamp Avril. The colours and the card are beautiful.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! Your pink peony looks glorious against the lovely background you created 😁. That's such a pretty stamp set, congratulations on your win! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! J 😊 x

Kim Hamilton said...

Beautiful design! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful use of the Peony stamp Avril it really is a superb stamp set, good choice with your win. So glad you managed to create with it.
Stunning creation.
Creative hugs and wishes Tracey xx

sally said...

What a lovely peony stamp that is!

Sally xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Congrats on you win - you have used your prize in such lovely way and I see my favourite background stamp here too! Hugs, Chrisx