Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Friday 15 March 2019

I Need CAKE!


Hello, it's Friday already, I don't know where this week has gone, I was full of good intentions to play with my new goodies from last weekend and this is the only thing I've done.

It's a background that has been lying around from an experiment with Oxide ink onto glossy photo paper.  A mop up with Picked Raspberry and some Wilted Violet, after drying you 'polish' the photo paper with a tissue and the colours 'pop'   I thought this was too bright, but as the average crafter who doesn't like to throw paper away, I though I'd give it another go, so I added some stencilling with Cracked Pistachio, buffed again, added the Crafty Individuals lady and a TH border stamp along with one of my new sentiments.  Quite happy with it now - proves I was right not to throw it in the bin!

Have a great weekend and thanks for calling in.
Avril xx


21 comments:

sirkkis said...

Love this stylish card. Gorgeous color and design.
Happy weekend 💗

brenda said...

Too bright never Avril, love it but the Cracked Pistachio does go very nicely, lovely creation.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful and very stylish card, great colour, and love that quote. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm just like you, I wouldn't have thrown this paper away either ...lol ... and what a stunning creation you created with it too 😁. I love the cracked pistachio stencilling that you added with the lady and quote stamping - perfect! Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

Caty said...

What a lovely card Avril !! Love the so beautiful design, and the pink colour is fabulous.
I wish you a very happy weekend,
Big hugs, Caty

Amanda said...

What a great card and a truer word has never been said lol
Love
Amanda x

Meggymay said...

The background colour effects look beautiful and I am smiling at the super sentiment you added. It's a great card.
Yvonne xx

Little Artbee said...

Funny card and so nice with that fresh pink color. Now I am longing for cake. ;)
Happy weekend and dear Greetings

Sabine

Cath Wilson said...

This is lovely, Avril - so pleased you didn't throw it away :-) Love the colours you used.
Cath x

Viv said...

A wonderful card Avril! (PS - I think I need both......)

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's fabulous - love the colours! Hugs, Chrisx

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors!! The background looks so amazing!! And I totally agree with the sentiment ;) Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mia said...

Lovely card, Avril. I think I need a cake now! Kisses!

My name is Erika. said...

A good piece of cake can fix all life's trouble, can't it? Great card Avril. Hugs-Erika

Mrs A. said...

I have some glossy photo paper and have yet to crack open my oxide ink pads so
I have no excuse not to try. Your card looks stunning with added embellishments . Can I just ask what ink you used for the image please?
Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Elegance on a card, she sure doesn't look like she eats cake. Great project.xx

Linda said...

I love the bright colours, and the black the perfect contrast xx

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow Avril, your card is absolutely awesome. Love it.
Hugs Carola

Janette said...

Fabulous Avril, love the background, obviously, and the image and sentiment are brilliant.xx

froebelsternchen said...

Love the super contrast of the black to the vibrant background! Super card Avril!

Joan said...

Love your card Avril and the great wording too


Joan