Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Say it With Flowers

It's time for a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday and this fortnight we would like you to 'Say it With Flowers' and as Mother's Day is fast approaching for us in the U.K. it could be a way of getting an early start for that, but whatever you make, make sure it features flowers.

I've used Oxide inks on glossy cardstock, drying between colours.  I then masked off a circle where I wanted my flower head to go, and added more ink around that.  After removing the mask I then buffed the shine with a soft tissue.  I've added some stamping and stencilling in the background for interest.  My flower was stamped and then I stamped the flower head again and clear embossed with EP, coloured and fussy cut before adding with 3d foam.  The sentiment was also stamped and clear embossed.

The rest of the DT have some great inspiration, so please pop over to the main blog, where you will also find all the challenge details.

Thanks for calling in,
Avril xx


21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card, love the spring-time colours, really gorgeous. Hugs, Valerie

Janette said...

Beautiful Avril, so pretty.xx

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The background looks amazing!! I love the beautiful flower and the sentiment!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cath Wilson said...

This is a gorgeous, subtle background, Avril - love the colours you chose and the combination of stamped background images. Stunning flowers and one of my favourite PA quotes :-)
Cath x

Rosie said...

I love this card, so beautiful, Avril

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the soft colours and the way that you created the circle behind the pretty flower, it frames it beatifully 😁. Thanks so much for the inspiration and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful base to showcase the beautiful flower. I love how you kept the ares masked behind the flower head. A super design idea.
Yvonne xx

Viv said...

Awesome background for your pretty flower! A great design.

Joan said...

This is so beautiful Avril, love everything about it especially the gorgeous background and colours




Joan

Caty said...

What a so so Gorgeous card Avril !! I love love it, the colours are so beautiful and happy for Spring, and for Mother´s day. Absolutely great background, and this fabulous flower is the queen of the card, no doubt. The quote is lovely too. Great Art !
I wish you a very nice Wednesday,
Big hugs, Caty

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful colours, a great background and I love the flower with the halo behind it. A great Mother’s Day card xxx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Avril what a beautiful card,love the colours,well done my friend xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is gorgeous Avril. I love the pop of purple on the flower. Hugs-Erika

pinky said...

This is super pretty Avril, love the soft colours.

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL LOVE the distressed background and stunning flower stamp.xx

Marjut said...

This is so pretty, lovely colours.

froebelsternchen said...

Such a beautiful card - so much depth and feel for colours and it looks organic and elegant at the same moment - it's a rare beauty Avril! Happy weekend!
Big hugs Susi

Linda said...

This is so pretty, I love the delicate colours. The stenciling on the background looks fab too. I haven't tried Oxides on glossy cardstock yet ... looks like fun! xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous background you made for your beautiful flower! That quote is one of my favourites!! Hugs,Chrisx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

The circle really does frame that pretty flower head. D'ox are so clever they seem to want to cling onto most things. A beautiful design that would have any Mum/Mom beaming on their extra special day. Thanks for sharing it's beauty.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

Linda Kunsman said...

absolutely lovely!