Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Friday 4 October 2019

Make a Wish


Hello,  it's been a horrible wet miserable day, but I don't really mind as it gave me the opportunity to have a much needed afternoon in my little craft room.  I needed to ink and  have another play with these stamps, this time to create a birthday card as the little box was rather depleted after all the recent birthdays.
I started with an Oxide sprayed background using only Antique linen, and adding a couple of splats from the nozzle.  I then stamped the image a couple of times on white card and fussy cut various layers, coloured with Distress inks and layered up using foam pads.

Not my usual style, it looks very 'clean' and I don't normally do a lot of precise image colouring,  but sometimes it's good to get out of the norm!

Have a good weekend,
Avril xx




15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card Avril. Same weather over here! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Mrs A. said...

This is so pretty . I love the pastel colours. Hugs Mrs A.

Viv said...

I think this is such a pretty card Avril and your colouring is immense! x

brenda said...

It's very pretty and feminine Avril and lots of nice dimension as well. Sometimes it good to go outside our comfort zone, at least that's what I told myself yesterday colouring a rather too twee for my liking image.

B x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I adore this Avril, it's a beautiful stamp but the way you have painted and layered is so pretty. It does us good to step out of our comfort zone every now & then keeps us on our toes. Hugs Tracey xx

Janette said...

Beautiful card Avril I love the details, its gorgeous.
Think we are all feeling washed away, we did get two good days in the week other than that its just been awful. Hope your day is good today.xx

My name is Erika. said...

Cool image Avril. I think you have used it before, but I love it. This crd came out super! Hope it's a good weekend. Hugs-Erika

Linda said...

This is gorgeous, I love all the detail xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! Such a fabulous design and the clean lines and colours look amazing 😁. I hope you've had a wonderful weekend and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

aussie aNNie said...

Love this, the colours and stamp are awesome.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and I love the fabulous decoupaged image
Carol x

froebelsternchen said...

A gorgeous card Avril! So beautiful ..... ♥♥♥
Happy new week!
Susi xxx

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful stamp Avril and it creates a gorgeous floral card.
Yvonne xx

Caty said...

What a so so Gorgeous card Avril !! I loove the lovely flowers with those fabulous colours, and the beautiful stamp too.
Hope you´ll have better days, I can send you some sun, and you some rain :)
I wish you a very nice afternoon, and send biiig hugs,
Caty

Words and Pictures said...

It's always fun to play in a different way, and I think you've done that intricate stamp proud with your lovely colouring. And a great decision to keep the background simple (but still cool with that spritz and splat combo) so that the image can shine.
Alison x