Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 7 January 2020

What a Cutie/Make Someone Smile

Happy New Year can you believe it's 2020 - the start of a new decade - I hope it's a good one with lots of joy and creativity.
It's also the first challenge of the year at Try it on Tuesday and you have a choice - A Cutie/ or Make Someone Smile.
I've opted for the cutie option as I had to make a card for DD's God daughter's 5th Birthday.  I used some neglected G45 secret Garden papers and the Time Holtz Cabinet Die for the arch and back and added lots of fussy cut flowers.
The DT have some fabulous inspiration to please pop over to the main blog, where you will also find all the challenge details.

It seems such a long time since I posted - sorry, I found it so slow trying to just use my phone or the iPad - I like to rattle away on a keyboard.  I did get my computer back at the weekend, but unfortunately, the gremlin is back or should I say the wandering cursor!  It's as if the cursor is magnetised and keeps jumping to the left of the screen and just seems to gravitate back no matter what I try.  Leave it for a while and it might be OK.  The computer guy thought it was the touch screen and disabled that - Ok for a day and then jumping cursor - has anyone ever experienced this??

Enough of my ramblings - whatever you're up to, have a nice day,
Avril xx

17 comments:

Marjut said...

Such a cutie little girl and pretty flowers. Beautiful Birthday card.
Have a nice Tuesday!

My name is Erika. said...

This is a cutie card for sure. It also has a wonderful spring feeling too Avril. How beautiful. Hugs-Erika

Janette said...

Oh wow Avril this is so beautiful, what a stunning card, love the image, flowers and that gorgeous frame, its just fabulous.
Happy new year BTW, yes, lets hope it brings joy all round.xx

Cath Wilson said...

Poor you, Avril. It's like losing an arm when you lose your computer! I prefer a keyboard, too :-)
This is gorgeous. I'm sure the recipient would have loved it. So pretty.
Cath x

Lia said...

You used my most favorite paperpad to create this gorgeous card!
Lia xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, that is a stunning card! I can't believe all the layers and detail that you added, it looks amazing and super cute too 😀. I hope your computer problems are all sorted soon. Wishing a very happy and creative New Year too! Hugs, Jo x

Rosie said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous, Marjut

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece Avril! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

It is an adorable, cute card Avril, I love how you used the G45 papers.
I'm no help with your curser problems, maybe both out computers are having a get together to see which one can cause the most stress.. Mine is rather partial to blue and yellow stripes in the screen these days.
Yvonne xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a gorgeous creation..Love the tim holtz die you used and the way you showcased the beautiful Graphic 45 papers
So glad I stopped by
Cheers
Dr Sonia

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is beautiful Avril - a flower garden always brings a smile and with such a beautiful little girl smelling the flowers even better! I had that problem once or twice but it was easily solved - I kept catching the keyboard wth my wrist - yours sounds as though it needs the computer guy to look at it again! Hugs, Chrisx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and all the flowers-love Graphic 45.Hope you get your cursed cursor sorted I only have my computer as I don't have the internet on phone
Carol x

Pia S said...

This is a striking design. I love the dimension and all those fussy cut flowers, beautifully done! Happy new year!

Linda said...

Beautiful project Avril, those papers are lovely. Good luck sorting your computer out xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, that really is adorable. Looks like a lot of fiddly fussy-cutting, but oh, so worth the effort - the flowers are exquisite.

What a pain that your computer is still playing up. I don't think I've ever encountered the wandering cursor - how frustrating. I hope you can find a cure somehow.
Alison x

aussie aNNie said...

A really gorgeous card..xx

sally said...

Hopefully the leaping cursor situation is now resolved!

Sally xx