Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 21 January 2020

White Space / or Colourful Grunge




The new challenge at Try it on Tuesday is White Space /OR Colourful Grunge - what will you choose?

I've opted for a colourful grunge background by using a piece of mop up card - believe it or not - the pale areas on here are watery pinks, although it's difficult to tell - I've then added some Peacock Feathers DI using a piece of acetate.  I stamped my image and doodled the frame ( a great technique shown by Tracy Evans)  I stamped the flower heads again, fussy cut and coloured with DIs and added a little black glitter to the centers.  I've framed the sentiment with a piece of vellum.

The Design Team have some fabulous inspiration for you, so please pop over to the main blog, and you'll also find all the challenge details and some news as we are having a DT call for TioT.

Thanks for calling in,
Avril xx


24 comments:

Janette said...

This looks fabulous Avril, what a great use of a mop up, love the doodling as well..xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece Avril, very elegant. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Love this pretty grunge image and how you used it on your card Avril. It feels so much like spring. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

Simply gorgeous Avril!
Hugs, Susi

Marjut said...

Lovely card!
Have a nice Tuesday!

Rosie said...

I love this grungy card.

Viv said...

Love this Avril! x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the grungy style with the pops of colour in the background and flowers - perfect 😁. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Caty said...

What a so so Gorgeous card Avril !! Your grunge background is fantastic, love the colours, and love the stamps and the so beautiful flowers!
Wish you a very nice afternoon, and send big hugs
Caty

Cath Wilson said...

I can just see hints of that pale pink but I bet it's gorgeous in real life! It's a lovely card, Avril and looks as if it could be both white space and grunge!
Cath x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Simply gorgeous.

Joan said...

Gorgeous card Avril, love your mop up background


Joan

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the mop up background and beautiful stamps
carol x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love how you have combined grunge and white space! A truly beautiful card Avril! Hugs, Chrisx

Dr Sonia S V said...

So stylish adorable artistic
Cheers
Dr Sonia

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card, ever so pretty too.x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely elegant card.

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card Avril, i love how you doodled the frame,
Yvonne xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I think this looks great, I do like the colours.

All the best Jan

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful stamp you've used Avril doodling the edge really helps draw the eye towards those stunning flowers, that stamp is on my never ending wish list.
Thank you for sharing this superb creation sending creative hugs your way Tracey x

Aimeslee Winans said...

I agree with the others who say white space. That's what I thought you were doing here! haha Guess I consider grunge to be a lot grungier, lol. Either way, it's a very pretty card. I like some of Tracy Evans stuff and read her blog when I can, her techniques are nice and you have done the doodling well. xoxo

Mia said...

Avril, this is gorgeous! I love the grunge image and your beautiful coloring. Kisses!

sally said...

Just love this one!

Sally xx

Words and Pictures said...

Another beautiful floral stamp - I love these ones with the flower stem and then the collaged text or graphics around them. The tall format of the card really adds to the look here too.
Alison x