Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 18 February 2020

Go Green or Recycle Something at Try it on Tuesday



It's time for a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday and for this fortnight we would like you to
'Go Green'  -  and we are giving you the choice to either use the colour green or recycle.

I've made a card base that uses Sea green Brushos and stamped my flower image in black. I also stamped the flower again on white card, fussy cut and used Lucky Clover DI on the tiny dots part of the  Lotza Dotz stencil before adding to my flower.

If you're not into the colour green, you may like to recycle.  I was recently given this plain grey gift bag,  so with a little help from an Anna Marie mini stencil and some white embossing paste, along with some turquoise sparkly gems, I've given it a new lease of life.

Whatever you chose, it would be lovely if you joined in the fun at Try it on Tuesday and if you need some extra inspiration the DT have some great ideas for you, so please pop over to the main blog.

Thanks for calling in,
Have a great day, Avril x

19 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

A very beautiful card and I like your super design on the gift bag!

Happy day!
Susi

brenda said...

Your card is very elegant Avril and great re-cycling with the bag.

B x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You gave me two wonderful ideas to consider. The card is beautiful and has a romantic feel to it. Of course that gift bag makeover is genius. You gave it an entirely new and different look. Great recycling, dear.

Thanks for inviting me to be TioT's GD this fortnight.

Janette said...

Love both Avril, the card is gorgeous and love the soft colour, and the bag looks fabulous, no one would ever guess it was a re-do..xx

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely delicate background, Avril - beautiful. Love your little gift bag, too.
Cath x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your go green card and recycle project are both amazing! I love the delicate colours and stamp that you used on the card and you embellished the bag so beautifully - perfect 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! I hope the weather has been ok where you are, we still have very strong winds here but it's something we are used to ...lol 😉. Hugs, Jo x

Marjut said...

Beautiful card and gift bag .

My name is Erika. said...

These are both fabulous examples Avril. I like how you did both, going green and recycling. Very smart! And now that bag makes the perfect gift bag too. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Two fabulous inspiration pieces Avril. Using the stencil on the bag has completely changed its look, its now looking very stylish as well as elegant .The card is beautiful , with the softer green shades.
Yvonne xx

Rosie said...

Just wonderful

Pia S said...

You did a great job spiking up that gift bag! And your card reminds me I should try stamping and leaving the image uncolored, I love the effect of that.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the green shades you created with the Brushos! The flower makes this a beautiful card! I love your bag makeover! Chrisx

aussie aNNie said...

Very pretty card and love the green.x

Linda said...

Beautiful card, I love the pretty shade of green, it's also one of my favourite stamps too.
Great job with the gift bag. Such a pretty stencil, and the added gems makes it extra special xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and design and love the embossed stencil on the gift bag
Carol x

Joan said...

Beautiful card Avril and I love how you recycled the gift bag too


Joan

sally said...

Recycling and useful....what more can you want? Very pretty and CAS...they win hands down!

Sally xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I like both!

All the best Jan

Aimeslee Winans said...

Mrs B you got it goin on! The bag upcycle is fab, never thought about embossing paste but that's brilliant! And such a pretty green card. XOX