Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Monday 18 May 2020

Blooming



I don't know about you, but I love making backgrounds - but they often sit around in the 'box' for months before I use them.  This is a shaving foam background made ages ago on a 'play day'  with my crafty friend, I think this one was Oxide sprays with the foam, quite subtle compared with some of them!

I've stamped the AALL & Create Blooming Field spray directly onto the background, we had made some A4 sheets of backgrounds - just as well as these are large stamps.  The colouring was done with Distress crayons and inks.  I don't know if it's the yellow background, but the flower colours do look more vibrant in real life.  A simple sentiment and a flat card for posting as I don't thin k I'll be seeing anyone soon.

I am entering this at Stamping Sensations - Say it With Flowers

Thanks for calling in, stay safe,
Avril xx


13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece Avril, love the delicate colours in the background. I love making backgrounds, too, and always have a supply on hand. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Caty said...

This is a Wonderful card Avril !! What a great background with foam. I also do backgrounds from time to time, waiting for using them. The flowers are very happy, lovely colours.
Have a very nice new week, and stay safe,
Big hugs, Caty

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous stamp and beautifully coloured -love the shaving foam background too
C arol x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning stamp and post and great colours on this interesting card...lovely.xx

brenda said...

I'm the same Avril, I often have a day doing nothing but creating backgrounds and they come in so useful when I'm up against a TV schedule.

I adore the colours of the muted pinks and oranges seemlesley blending together in the pretty A&C blooms.

B x

Sally H said...

A really beautiful card for our Say it with Flowers theme. love the colours! Yes, I hve a box of backgrouns that I really should use - sprays, smooshing and gelli prints usually produce at least 10 more than I need!!! Thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month and Good Luck!

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful card with lovely flower.

Stay safe, healthy and virus free

Mia said...

What a beautiful card, Avril. I love this BIG flower! Kisses!

pinky said...

It's really beautiful Avril and the background is dreamy!

Lynne K said...

A really delightful floral creation, Avril. It's beautifully coloured, and the background complements it perfectly. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Avril, I think we all have lots of backgrounds just waiting to be found and used and what a magnificent display you have created using that tremendous flower stamp. A design that can be used for all occasions, like me I can imagine you using this stamp time after time. So pretty the background is just the right amount of perfect so's not to over shadow those blooms..
Hope all is well with you and yours?
Stay safe & take good care now ((Hugs)) Tracey xx

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, I love your subtle background, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x