Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 5 May 2020

The time to be happy

Our current challenge at Try it on Tuesday is Black and White + 1 Colour and you still have a week to join in, I've been absent from the craft room (more about that later) but did manage to complete this card.  I've used the Visible Image flower, I fussy cut the flower  head, coloured with Peacock Feathers DI and then covered it with Versamark and one coat of Clear EP which gives a lovely bumpy texture.  The sentiment is AALL & Create - very positive in these strange times.  I've added hand doodling which doesn't look too bad.

I've been on a mission last week - making face masks for DD and the staff in the pharmacy as they had almost run out of their disposable ones - it was like a production line - I made 36 - all with 3 layers of cotton that when held up to the light, you couldn't see through.  I used a link that Linda (Heartfully Inspired) had given a few weeks back, Thanks Linda, it was helpful.

I'll have to make a couple more as I didn't keep any back for me and hubby!

Well, whatever, you're doing, keep well and stay safe.
Avril xx

13 comments:

brenda said...

Apart from your card which is so pretty you have been mighty busy with al those masks, I rather think that when we can eventually go out they will be mandatory.

B x

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Avril, so pretty.
The masks you made are really wonderful, I agree that everyone will be wearing them for a while once this is lifted, great work.x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, and well done on making the masks. I've made a lot, too, and it was fun. Have a great da, hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love the flower,splatters and doodling-well done with all the masks too
Carol x

Meggymay said...

It is a beautiful card Avril and I loved how you used blue to colour the flower.
Wow to your mask making skills I'm sure your work will be really appreciated by the Pharmacy staff and your daughter.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful stamping, and lovely colours on your gorgeous creation.xx

Linda said...

Lovely card Avril .... I do love that stamp, I must get some ink onto mine.
Great job with the masks too xx

Caty said...

Woww your card is really Gorgeous Avril !! I loove this beautiful blue flower, as the great background and layers, and the clever quote.
Your masks look fabulous, I´ll see the link you shared, thank you.
Have a very nice evening, stay safe,
and Big hugs,
Caty

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the turquoise flower, so pretty 😁. That's so kind of you to make the face masks, I'm sure they really appreciate them! I hope you've been enjoying some of the sunshine too! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Cath Wilson said...

Good for you, Avril. My friend is making them, too and pushed a couple through my door last week. I find it so hard to wear them, though...a new normal it certainly is!

Your card is wonderful. Simple and to the point. I have to love the colour - my favourite.
Stay safe!
Cath x

Pia S said...

Staying out of the craft room, but for a good cause indeed. The card you did manage to make is terrific, just love the aqua with black and white.

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, good for you, Avril - I'm sure your masks will be very much appreciated. They look very professional. It's a lovely card too - the fresh turquoise is made all the brighter against the simple b&w.
Alison x

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your card here.
Well done on the masks, I'm sure they will be appreciated.

All the best Jan