Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 9 January 2022

First Birthday!

 

Hello, things have been a bit quiet around here, but I've been occupied with two little people who have just had their First Birthday - I can't believe how quickly this last year has gone.




As Peter Rabbit is their nursery theme, I had to use Peter Rabbit stamps, mine are not as big as I would have liked for these cards, so I stamped and then resized and printed them out on watercolour paper and fussy cut.  The floral wreath was from a freebie set of Christmas stamps (lots of good intentions, but they didn't get used at Christmas)  so this is the first time inking here.
We had a lovely Birthday Tea and DIL made a fabulous cake.




I didn't get around to showing the Christmas cards I made, I used a very old Sugar Nellie Snowman, along with a couple of freebie magazine stamps, there's lot of glitter which of course doesn't show and I used Flowersoft  for the fur on the jackets.


Well, that's about caught up for now and I'll be back on Tuesday with the first challenge of the year at Try it on Tuesday which is ??????

Thanks for calling in,

Avril xx

10 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

The birthday cards are so adorable. Great cake as well. Lovely christmas card. Anesha x

crafty-stamper said...

WOW that year has certainly passed quickly.Love the gorgeous cards and fabulous cake,Great Christmas cards too
Carol x

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, that year has passed by very quickly!
Lovely cards and the cake looks amazing.

I like the Christmas cards too.

I hope your weekend has been enjoyable, wishing you a good new week.

All the best Jan

Joan said...

The Peter Rabbit cards are adorable Avril and as for the birthday cake, well so yummy ! Doesn't see, five minutes since the twins were born ,they don't stay bablies for long so it's good to spend as much time as possible with them
too. The snowmen cards are lovely, love their furry jackets

My name is Erika. said...

Those cards are wonderful Avril. And so is that cake. It's gorgeous. I can't believe the twins are already one. Time does fly. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Gosh the twins a year old, I hope they had Happy Birthday and everyone enjoyed a piece of the delicious cake. The cards you made look adorable as do the Christmas snowmen.
Yvonne xx

Janette said...

I can't believe they are one already Avril its crazy. Hope they had a lovely first of many, your cards are adorable, so sweet.xx

sally said...

Such sweet cards! Where did the time go???

Sally xx

Sandy said...

It doesn't seem possible that the twins have turned 1 year old! I bet the Mum believes it!!
Love the cards - Beatrix Potter has always been one of my favorites.
I must say that the cake looks fabulous and delicious too. Hard to believe it isn't a bought cake. It is also hard to believe that you are thinking about Christmas 2022! But you know how fast time flies.
Sandy xx

Linby said...

Such sweet cards for the Grand twins and my goodness your DIL makes a fantastic cake, it looks amazing.