Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 15 August 2023




 I've actually had some productive play time while the twins were away and took time out to play some more with my Gelli plate, which I've had for a while, but never been that pleased with the results, till recently, again I've used my new Elements inks and must say I like the results, although I've still got a long way to go  with experimenting.  Now I need to use up my little stack of backgrounds.

This was another of my 'first tries' -  my Gelli plate is a 4" sq and I wanted to try and make it more versatile, so I used a die to cut a circle from a 5"x5" square card  and used the negative to mask the edges of the gelli plate  before I inked, removing it before I took my print and I'm quite pleased with the 'circle' result.
I used Lavinia's Glow Flowers, again stamped on a play day with crafty friend and I've used glitter gel pens to colour, so there's quite a bit of sparkle, not something I do a lot of.  Although another CAS card, similar to one a couple of weeks ago where I die cut a circle from the square, this just gives another option.

Thanks for calling in,
Avril xx

5 comments:

Pauline C said...

Hi Avril, this is really lovely. Like you I have had a gel plate for quite some time and never really got on with it, and I too have recently got me some Elements inks so I am hoping to practice with them. My gel plate is a 6” square so I too am looking for ways to make it more versatile … this is a really good idea and the end result is fabulous.
Pauline xx

brenda said...

Very stylish Avril, fresh and summery as well. Great versatility to use the square plate. My small circle circle is the one I use the most, tend to have a session so have ready made backgrounds.

B x

Chris said...

This is beautiful, you've created a perfect background for your sparkly whimsical flowers. Great idea to use a mask on the Gelli plate to make it more versatile.
xx

Janette said...

I love this, the gelli plate background is beautiful and perfectly suits the pretty flowers Avril.
So glad you got some play time, we all need it don't we. xx

Joan said...

Lovely card Avril and clever use of Gelli plate. I have a couple but have hardly used them,maybe I need some Elements inks LOL

Joan x