Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 22 August 2023

Let's Go Outside at Try it on Tuesday



The new challenge this fortnight at Try it on Tuesday is  Let's Go Outside, so it's anything you see, do or hear outside - lots of choice there.

I love being outside and I've mentioned before that I live on the edge of woodland and frequently see rabbits and mice on my walks, we have a hedgehog who calls in for a 'snack' on his/her nightly travels  and one thing I hear most nights is the owl.  A few years ago on a holiday in the Lake District we actually saw an owl in the daytime, I felt very privileged.

I decided to use 'Gus' the owl for my card, I love his expression as he sits on his branch,  I've used Distress inks quite lightly for the background to create an early morning feel.

The rest of the DT have lots of different interpretations for this theme, so please pop over to the main blog where you will find all the challenge details.

The craft room has been rather quiet this week due to Covid19 making an unwanted appearance, so take care and stay safe.
Avril xx




 

12 comments:

Janette said...

I just love this Avril, 'Gus' is gorgeous, you coloured him beautifully, such a sweet card.
I used to live by a woodland area, its so peaceful, now I live with open fields back and front and get blown to pieces all the time, hahaha. xxx

brenda said...

It's really lovely Avril, that Owl is a super image and nicely placed among the foliage.

B x

Viv said...

Another on the ever extending Lavinia wish list Avril (sigh)!!
Lovely card and hope you're feeling much better now. x

Linby said...

I love the Lavinia owls and they are on my wish list! You've made a super card with Gus. Sorry you've not been well.

My name is Erika. said...

I am Loving this owl Avril. What a great image. And a fun and magical card too. Hope all is well hugs Erika

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely love this fabulous owl and great colouring-hope you feel better soon
Carol x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Avril! He's fabulous-we went out of my son's back door in France and there was an owl in a tree - yes, a real treat to see an owl. Sorry to see that Covid got you - hope you feel better soon hugs, Chrisx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Avril, Gus is such a fabulous stamp and you have placed and coloured him beautifully
Pauline xx

Pia S said...

This is such a beautiful, detailed image and I think you did a great job coloring Gus and his surroundings.

Meggymay said...

The owl stamp is super, a great expression on the owls face, its a fantastic card Avril.
Yvonne xx

Bonnie said...

Gus is an awesome owl, Avril! We hear owls at our house and have spotted one a couple of times during the day. It is an awesome privilege to see them! Thanks so much for the warm welcome at Try it on Tuesday!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hope you are feeling better now Avril and that Covid has now given you back your crafty playtime.. How fabulous Gus is, look at his amazing wise eyes, they certainly are amazing creatures, I have been lucky enough to see them in the daytime too.. the wonders of nature.
Hugs Tracey xx