Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 3 March 2020

A New Technique for Try it on Tuesday



The new challenge at Try it on Tuesday is to Try a New Technique,  hmmm...... what to do???
While I was thinking about it I  "visited"  Linda and she had used Alcohol Inks floating in water on a die cut, something I hadn't tried, so thanks Linda for the prompt.  I did have quite a few experiments!

For my card background, I added a few drops of  Aqua AI into water, dipped the card and then let it air dry, then I did the same using Purple Twilight.  For this I did use glossy photo card.   I stamped the flowers using Versafine Clair - oops - should I have used Stazon, but it was OK and dried and didn't smudge.  To highlight the flowers  I stamped onto vellum, fussy cut and added just a little glue on the stamped edges.

For my first attempts I used  plain cardstock and various colours at once

 next I tried the glossy photo card using less colours.
A productive afternoon and a new technique learned with some new backgrounds for the box!

I do hope you will join in the fun at TioT and learn a new technique and tell us all about it.  If you need some more inspiration the rest of the Design Team have some great projects for you, so please pop over to the main blog for all the details.

Have a great day,
Avril x

24 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Avril, I love this method, it looks amazing, not tried it with inks but watched a quick shot with acrylics the other day and it looks fab. I love your card so different.xx

Valerie-Jael said...

You made some lovely backgrounds for your cards! Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

Not heard of that technique Avril but it does give a lovely soft finish and showcases the image nicely, might need to give that a try.

B x

Cath Wilson said...

Wow! Some fab results there, Avril. I've never heard of this one, so it will have to be added to my list ;-) My colour choices of AIs are a limited mainly to the Adirondack colours, so I don't use them as often as I should - but I have a lot I need to use up! Love this and your card is gorgeous.
Cath x

Rosie said...

Just wonderful

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love this technique. I have AIs, but no glossy card stock. Still, it's something to consider. Yours turned out great.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a beautiful card and you created so many fabulous backgrounds too! I've never seen this technique before, it looks like lots of fun and the resulting backgrounds look so amazing - I love it 😁. Thanks so much for sharing this technique with us today and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Linda Kunsman said...

A new to me technique to try:) Thanks for sharing your lovely backgrounds and card!

Meggymay said...

It sounds like you had fun with this technique Avril. Its a beautiful card and you have quite a few backgrounds ready to use at a future time. I have some glossy card somewhere, one technique to try in the future for me.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Wow..fab backgrounds and an amazing card Avril! Stunning!
Big hugs, Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

This looks extremely like a happy afternoon playtime! Great results and I love those you chose to make your card! Love how you used the vellum too! Another one to try methinks!! Hugs, Chrisx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous backgrounds and great results I love the stamp too.I don't have any AI but have tried this technique with nail varnish-app the cheaper the better.
Carol x

Viv said...

Going to try this Avril! Love the soft look to your card.
Did you leave your card in the ink/water until it had soaked up or literally just dipped it? x

Joan said...

Another new technique to try, love the effect and your pretty card too

Joan

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely backgrounds and card.

My name is Erika. said...

That;s a really cool new technique. I have never tried it but I love your results and think I need to give it a shot. Hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

Looking great Avril, over to see the technique, sounds familiar.xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful card Avril. I definitely need to get that stamp set from VI sooner rather than later, I love it! x

Linda said...

WOW! This looks fab I love the soft colours and I do like that stamp from VI.
Thanks for the shout out ..... bless you. I'm glad you had fun with this technique. I'm not sure where I picked it up from exactly, but it's always great to share. And, it's always good to find new ways of using the vast amounts of stash that we all have ...... lol! xx

Marjut said...

Great technique, beuatiful card.

Words and Pictures said...

Looks like you had lots of fun playing - the finished card is so pretty with those delicate colours in the background.
Alison x

Rita said...

Looks as if you've had great fun Avril. It's nice sometimes just to let your mind wander and see where it takes you. Hope you're well. Hugs Rita xxx

Aimeslee Winans said...

LOVE LOVE!!! Especially the photo papers, so just as you were inspired by Linda so too am I inspired by you! Going to attempt this as soon as I can find enough room to, lolol. XOX

crafty-stamper said...

Great journal page and technique I have done this using rubber bands wrapped round a piece of card
Carol x